Smiling Face

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm guessing that you don't have much of a problem with solicitors coming to your door do you?

kjones, not a lot of solicitors come to the door. I will say that the UPS driver always has a bag of treats for them though.

edb130, I'm sure they supplement the 50 pounds of dogfood with stray animals and small children. All kidding aside, that is a neat dog. Boone

they sure are all dog those Mastives, is he a Bull Mastive?
Chrisy, he is an English Mastiff which is the largest breed of Mastiff, also the largest breed of dog in the world. The world record holder is an English Mastiff that weighed 384lbs.

edb130":1nowpmld said:
they sure are all dog those Mastives, is he a Bull Mastive?
Chrisy, he is an English Mastiff which is the largest breed of Mastiff, also the largest breed of dog in the world. The world record holder is an English Mastiff that weighed 384lbs.

http://www.mastiffweb.com/

sorry I spelt it wrong, found this site and thought you might like to see it.

Chrisy, I wasn't criticizing your spelling. I mistype all the time. I was just emphasizing the breed. Thanks for the website. Brewtus is just 2 years old so he still has about a years worth of growth left. At 250lbs I'm hoping he tops out around 280. I would like him to ride to town in the truck with me but he can't seem to climb up in my truck seat. I told my wife since I was so big I needed a big dog.

edb130":856w0m2c said:

Chrisy, I wasn't criticizing your spelling. I mistype all the time. I was just emphasizing the breed. Thanks for the website. Brewtus is just 2 years old so he still has about a years worth of growth left. At 250lbs I'm hoping he tops out around 280. I would like him to ride to town in the truck with me but he can't seem to climb up in my truck seat. I told my wife since I was so big I needed a big dog.

thats OK I was asking as there are two trains of thought here as to the name, this site is British BullMastiff, and they look the same, my Brother-in-law had a black and tan Britishbullmastiff, he got to be about 21stone, (there is 14lb to a stone, about 294lb) you knew when he ran into you, he would pole axe you to the gorund and if he sat on you, you knew it, he died at about 12 years old. was told it was a good age by the vet.

http://www.britishbullmastiffleague.com ... story.html

the dog by the flag in my avatar is British bull dog, the emblem of Britain.

I was looking into getting a mastiff when I had to have my last dog put down. My son was not quite two, and very attached, so I wanted to get him a new pup. The problem was I didn't have an extra $800-$1000 to spare at the time. Whats the going rate for one around your area?

I was looking into getting a mastiff when I had to have my last dog put down. My son was not quite two, and very attached, so I wanted to get him a new pup. The problem was I didn't have an extra $800-$1000 to spare at the time. Whats the going rate for one around your area?

kjones, my kids sell their pups for anywhere from $600 to $1000 depending on the pup.

taught an obedience class once with a mastiff as a student
the neatest dog - huge but so loveable - the owner ran a daycare and she said the babies used her mastiffs (yes plural) when they learned to stand and walk. They would pull themselves up on the dogs and the dogs just stood there.

anyway - back to my story - we were working on the dogs learning to come when called - doing this by me holding the dog's leash and the owner calling to her/him. Well Stuart (the mastiff) figured out the game and when it was his turn the second time, instead of letting me come and get him, he came running full tilt toward me - (I jumped out of the way) now remember I own Labs so large dogs running at me don't usually cause me to jump but when this 150-200 lb big baby came running :shock: .

Latest posts