smartlik feed question

Help Support CattleToday:

ben171

Reaction score
hello all i raise bottle calves and today picked up a flyer at the feed store about smartlik. there was also a study on the board so i read it. it stated that k-state did a study and said that in cows this stuff is better than feed basically. my question is concerning weening bottle calves does anyone have any info as to if i can use this in place of grain. in big cows the study showed that cows fed both feed and the lick would lose weight. but using only the lick and pasture/hay they would gain more than on feed. the cost is about half, i would be happy to use this stuff and spend lots more on hay if they would gain a comperable amount of weight. any info would be greatly appreciated.

Seems to me I heard of this product a while back. Never has caught on from what I've heard. Do you have a web address? Just wanted to see if it's the same thing.

i just googled it and it came right up supposed to be the best, harder than crystalyx and drier than any other tub feed

ben171":1x0fc08g said:
i just googled it and it came right up supposed to be the best, harder than crystalyx and drier than any other tub feed
I cant find anything. All I get when doing a google search is a German queer site, and a Manitoba Pasture site, with only a mention of the product.

ben171":2c6inyl1 said:
sorry the correct spelling is smartlic
OK, thats more like it. It is the same outfit I heard about a couple of years ago.This product has been around for a while, but I have never met anyone that used it. I dont know of anyone in this part of the Country selling it either.Here's the web address for anyone interested:http://www.smartlic.com/

We have been using smartlic for some time now. The cattle and goats love it and do really well on it. It helps reduce the hay intake and gives them the nutrients they need, that they don't get in pasture or lower quality hay. It is great stuff. And lasts.

cinkel what do you uses on your cattle I bought AP18 but they seem to want you to buy NE30 for winter. I thought that 18% protien is good for a beef cow. What do you think?