small buisness

Help Support CattleToday:

farmgrl09

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone would like to share their suggestions on small buisness ideas involving cattle. Im looking for something to do with cattle for an FFA record book but i dont want to purchase a BUNCH of cattle. I thought about just feeding some out but since i will only have ten head i didnt think that would be a good idea. i also thought about doing organic beef. or something with show cattle. Any ideas??

actually i think with 10 hd you would be able to finish them and sell them for butcher beef and probably make more money and fill a market that there is quite a demand for just my opinion my daughter tried tests on different groups and charted their weight gain on different feeds so she could map feed conversion and financial cost to see which was more profitable

What do you mean by butcher beef? Do you mean seel them in halfs or quarters to individuals?

If you have dairies close by you could contract raise heifers for the dairy. Typically you get them just after weaning at around two months old and grow them out and have them AI'd and the dairy gets them back when certified bred. You are paid per pound of gain, the heifers remains the dairies property at all times, vet bills you need to negotiate with the dairy.