It's a small small world

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Things have been busier than all get out and I was really looking forward to not doing much of anything today besides feeding and getting some hay. Those plans changed when I got to the guy I buy hay from. Who also works on equipment and tractors and trucks. Got there at 9:30 and he's working on a brake line replacement. And the hay is in a field somewhere. So I wait. Not in any rush we just have some good conversation about trucks and cows and other stuff. Just as we get ready to leave for the hay field a guy comes limping in driving a ford 7.3 that sounds really sick. Bad fuel. Or so they thought. Turns out to be a bad pump at the least, but the man is supposed to be 5 miles down the Road at a "relay for life" cancer event. And he's late so I offer a ride that he gladly accepts.
Well, short story long, it turns out he's the local bank president, and also good friends with my neighbor who speaks highly of him. Also has a few cows of his own, but more importantly he made a point of saying that when the bank takes over land that they foreclose on, they need someone to run cows on it to keep their tax liability down. And, his nephew owns a land Managment company. Same deal looking or people to keep tax liabilities down.
What are the chances? I should have been long gone. And had I been impatient or had more pressing issues I wouldn't have even been there 3-4 hours later to meet this guy, even though my neighbor knows him really well.
I'm looking forward to see where this fortuitous chance meeting goes. Could be really interesting.!

Will the farms be close enough to your home to be able to check them morning, noon, and night? :cboy: :deadhorse:

Youve heard of Rotational grazing, well I'm planning a rotational sleeping. Ill camp at each spot for one night. That way ill never be more than 2 weeks away from the cows at any one night

Careful-- if its the same deal as around here they REALLY want a custodian to keep the place looking nice for buyers. They will drive you nuts.

i WISH i HAD BEEN BORN AS LUCKY AS HOOK INSTEAD OF SO DARN TALENTED AND PRETTY....EVEN I AM LAUGHING OVER THAT SLIGHT EXAGERATION....

Howdyjabo":25f4e51z said:
Careful-- if its the same deal as around here they REALLY want a custodian to keep the place looking nice for buyers. They will drive you nuts.
I will watch for the devil in the details. Thanks

Howdyjabo":1k5ikemp said:

Amen..can't imagine a bank being concerned about a few hundred dollars worth of property taxes on a property that they'll probably double their money on if they haven't already. Hook don't forget that place is for sale ALL the time.

bigbull338[u:3rb1gytp said:
":3rb1gytp]its always who you know an who knows you an what you do.[/u]
ive got all those covered and it aint helped me. i even know people, that know others.. and theres always those, that are either alone are with somebody. :cowboy:

Around here Tb, its several thousand dollars of tax savings. I'm Savin 2k a year just on 5 acres. One guy I run cows on is saving 30k

hooknline":uos8uil5 said:
Around here Tb, its several thousand dollars of tax savings. I'm Savin 2k a year just on 5 acres. One guy I run cows on is saving 30k
Oh I don't doubt there are savings...just don't see a bank being that concerned. Id' be looking for me a well qualified borrower and sell that sucker "one more time". ;-)

TexasBred":36oec5bz said:
hooknline":36oec5bz said:
Oh I don't doubt there are savings...just don't see a bank being that concerned. Id' be looking for me a well qualified borrower and sell that sucker "one more time". ;-)
That's too much work. They can come to me :cowboy:

Latest posts