Small storm

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Hope y'all are alright up there in Forestburg,Texas Gal.
Had a small quick storm develope here in Bowie and went north east toward Forestburg. Heard a tornado was sighted in the air headed to Forestburg. We got just a smigen of pea size hail,plenty wind and a little over 3/4 in rain all in a matter of 15 minutes. Shore did appreciate the rain.

Cal

I thought we were going to get one of those yesterday but someone else got lucky. We sure need the rain. Maybe Friday.

Glad everyones ok and the worst you got was hail. We need some rain baaaaddddd here. Even the hay guys are getting any cuttings right now. We need to get into our regular summer daily rain pattern soon or the whole central state is gunna burn up

hooknline":14sjygib said:
Glad everyones ok and the worst you got was hail. We need some rain baaaaddddd here. Even the hay guys are getting any cuttings right now. We need to get into our regular summer daily rain pattern soon or the whole central state is gunna burn up

I know the feeling,Hook. Seems like lately we've been gettin just enough to keep the grass growing.
Ponds are pretty low.

Cal

Turning green around here...haven't seen that since last May.

Nasty looking little storm heading into Washington county (to the south of us) now. Not headed this way.

1982vett":w0z45qtv said:
Turning green around here...haven't seen that since last May.

Nasty looking little storm heading into Washington county (to the south of us) now. Not headed this way.

Got a line coming out of Trinty county heading for us nothing but a heck of a light show so far.

Yeah, this was lighting up the sky too. Guess it's moved off to the east enough I don't see it from my chair anymore...That one your way has built up nicely....

Somthing came thru early this morning and dropped a tenth...Makes 3 in 2 weeks....believe that's 6 rains for the year....Years total is still only about 4 1/2 inches.

I believe we got your Rain, Thunder and Sheet Lightning last nite. Got a needed soaking, the wind only broke off one large tree limb over our driveway. I'll just drag it over to the burn pile.
I'm sorry you did'nt get your share.