Sled pulling trucks

Help Support CattleToday:

Agboy

Reaction score
Hey guys I was just curious if anybody sled pulls with there truck. I never have myself but i sure like to watch other people do it. Its not a big sport around where I live but 100 miles away from me its really big. At this one pull I attended they had over 35 diesel truck pull alone in addition to the hot rodded ones with the souped up diesels an gassers. Its hard to imagine people pulling these high dollar trucks. I have been tempted to pull mine but i think off all the damage i could do. Oh well Ill just keep watching thats cheaper an pretty fun.

Should post this some where else. 29 looks no replies. This forum uised to be pretty busy. Looks like it slowed down a lot sice I last checked in.

It may just be that no-one sled pulls on this forum. When I was building performance engines, I built a few sled pulling engines. The full out nitrous engines are spendy. The casual rec guys can get away with $20,000 or so in engine and powertrain parts, and still maintain drivability of the truck for daily driving.

Rod

One of my dear friends and her husband pull trucks. It was either last year, or the year before (time flies) she was named puller of the year. The pulls are pretty popular around these parts, and I like to go whenever I have the chance. I like the trucks, hubby likes the tractors.

I pull my 79 Ford every year at the county fair. 2wd super stock class. I run a gas 460 with a 4 spd Borg Warner, modified Dana 70 rearend + detroit Locker.
I'll occasionally go to another nearby fair if my buddy ribs me into it or something. He pulls with his semi (he owns a trucking company)

There isn't any money in it and there is always the possibility of breaking your truck. The idea is to pull as much as possible with as little truck as possible which means if you are winning you are walking that fine line between a good pull and engine/tranny parts flying around the place :lol:

It's just something I do for fun with my old beefy F-250. I also like to run a car in the demolition derby too :cboy: . I've wrecked everything from old ford galaxies to newer ford probes lol.

Latest posts