• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sky..come get these dang coons--eating me out of pocket money

Help Support CattleToday:

OP
greybeard

greybeard

Reaction score
Since last thursday evening, I have 331 pics on that camera's sd card, and only about 1/2 of them are deer--the rest are coons.

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I'd gladly come get them. I would cook you a few while there and you wouldn't complain about them... Good eating there

dun

Reaction score
skyhightree1":3runbxg9 said:
I'd gladly come get them. I would cook you a few while there and you wouldn't complain about them... Good eating there
You probably eat possum too

TexasBred

Reaction score
skyhightree1":20tmlgsz said:

Sky I've had coon several time. Beautiful meat and v ery good. Haven't come close enough to starving to try a possum yet. :lol:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
dun":1ye6g9gv said:
skyhightree1":1ye6g9gv said:
You probably eat possum too

No sir :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

TexasBred":1ye6g9gv said:
skyhightree1":1ye6g9gv said:

Sky I've had coon several time. Beautiful meat and v ery good. Haven't come close enough to starving to try a possum yet. :lol:

Heck no I feel the same way ... But if dun is willing to eat one ill drive up to his place and cook it for him :D

dun

Reaction score
skyhightree1":87r8d819 said:
Heck no I feel the same way ... But if dun is willing to eat one ill drive up to his place and cook it for him :D
My "Hoochia" Indian way grandma cooked coon for me once, coudlnt get myself to eat it. She also fixed possum once, I couldn;t even go near the outside area that she was cooking it. After seeing the grease floating on top I about gagged, from a distance!

skyhightree1

Reaction score
dun":68sygvfq said:
skyhightree1":68sygvfq said:
My "Hoochia" Indian way grandma cooked coon for me once, coudlnt get myself to eat it. She also fixed possum once, I couldn;t even go near the outside area that she was cooking it. After seeing the grease floating on top I about gagged, from a distance!

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :clap: Now that's funny... Yea a possum aint nothing but fat

OP
greybeard

greybeard

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's possums that get all my pears every year. Tracks around the 2 trees don't look like a raccoon. I cut everything back away from them, then split, then put 8' of 6" PVC pipe around them last month so maybe this coming year I'll get a few pears.

skyhightree1

Reaction score
greybeard":18mwcvks said:
I'm pretty sure it's possums that get all my pears every year. Tracks around the 2 trees don't look like a raccoon. I cut everything back away from them, then split, then put 8' of 6" PVC pipe around them last month so maybe this coming year I'll get a few pears.

The bears get all my fruits

callmefence

Post Pounder
Reaction score
skyhightree1":21g5fufx said:
greybeard":21g5fufx said:

The bears get all my fruits

Greybeards always up to his azz in beaver or coons.
Couple of bears might do him some good. :)

sim.-ang.king

Reaction score
By the end of winter those coons will probably weigh more than those runt Texas deer you're trying to fatten up.

OP
greybeard

greybeard

Reaction score
sim.-ang.king":2sbnxcmi said:
By the end of winter those coons will probably weigh more than those runt Texas deer you're trying to fatten up.
Probably already do.
Bad year--floods all spring long, then abnormally dry late summer and very dry up till November. Not many acorns fell here.

Latest posts