Get the grease hot !

Help Support CattleToday:

Finally had some time to go fishing. Upper 70's we are going to be miserable when old man winter comes back .

What do you catch them on?

Ken
I almost exclusively night fish for crappie, a dying art, but I drop fish 'em on currents with a double rig baited with shiners. I fetch plenty of cats and river stripers this way as well. Keep what I want to eat, plenty of folks around who want the rest. Fill a cooler easy like.

Bobby garland crappie baits
Why I asked, we have a vegetarian fish that used to be called ******s but these days Black Bream or Luderick, they have a similar shape body but smaller mouth. They are caught under a float using a fine weed twisted around the hook, very good fighting fish. Your Crappie is obviously carnivorous.
Ken

My dad and I caught literally thousands of crappie on an ox bow lake off of the Arkansas river ( named, old river). We would go out with a 12 ft flat bottom, two five gallon buckets and a three hp motor. We fished brush tops with cane poles and tube jigs. When the five gal buckets were full ( didn't typically take very long) we would head in and filet our catch. Best eating ever and best memories ever.

Latest posts