skunks

Help Support CattleToday:

Turn that weiner dog loose on the skunks, just put a clothespin on his nose first!

cfpinz":3gfw6b59 said:
Turn that weiner dog loose on the skunks, just put a clothespin on his nose first!

I'ld need it on my nose. WD seems to think they're interesting, but that's what happens when his favorite playmate is a cat.

dyates":2g7a2x70 said:
Warfarin will kill almost anything if you can get enough of it in them. Therein lies the problem.

That was kind of what I was thinking. How would one go about convincing a skunk to overeat the stuff

dun":3o47096y said:
That was kind of what I was thinking. How would one go about convincing a skunk to overeat the stuff
I have heard that the "skunk" is partial to wild turkey...... she could stuff the turkey full and wait for "skunk" to come in from the woods for supper........

Just an idea.

:lol: :lol: I can see it now.. dun crawling around under his house.. with his shotgun, and the skunk hiding in some remote corner, just waiting for his chance to give dun a "shot" .... :lol:
Call it "shootout at duns underhouse corral"

Trap them in a Havahart and cover it with a sheet/blanket for transport. They won't spray if you're very careful. One cousin caught one and wrapped the trap up like a Christmas present and put in the back seat of his sister-in-laws car. She teared up from the skunk and everyone else teared up from the laughter.

Well, maybe not a good idea under the house. The only time we ran into that problem, we found that the whole family was coming out shortly after dark to eat the cat's food. We kept gradually moving the dish a little farther out in the yard, keeping a nice line of sight from the back door. Once we got them about 40 feet out, I just cracked the back door and blew the whole bunch away. Got the momma and 2 babies and the cat dish all in one shot. :banana:

Jim62":2j0qrnzp said:
Well, maybe not a good idea under the house. The only time we ran into that problem, we found that the whole family was coming out shortly after dark to eat the cat's food. We kept gradually moving the dish a little farther out in the yard, keeping a nice line of sight from the back door. Once we got them about 40 feet out, I just cracked the back door and blew the whole bunch away. Got the momma and 2 babies and the cat dish all in one shot. :banana:

Based on the trail camera it shows up between 2am and 3am. Not sure if it's coming or going, that's the problem. Don;t know if it's set up housekeeping or just going in for a while at night.

Good friend came up with a new way to get rid of skunks week before last. Seems he did not like watching the Dallas Cowboys getting beat and while watching the game had over indulged with cold beer. After the game he went outside just as a skunk went into his garage and under the lawn mower. He got on the lawn mower, cranked it, engaged the blade......threw fresh ground skunk all over the garage. Don't know if he and the wife are still together or not but most everthing else is out in the yard.

There ya go dun... just sit outside at 2-3 AM and wait for it on your riding lawn mower... when it comes around.. run over it!!

When we first moved onto our place the overhead door on our shop was missing a bottom panel and before I got around to fixing it a skunk moved in. Dumped a whole box of rat poison in a pile and shut the shop up so It couldn't go out for food. It had it all eaten in no time and within a day or two I had all these little green piles of skunk diahrea all over the shop. :roll: It never did kill the skunk. Go with the haveaheart trap. I covered mine with light guage sheet metal so they don't know what's going on when you move them and they don't spray. I'm told the traps too small for them to lift their tail so they can't spray, but that's one theory I'm not putting to the test. Once their caught I relocate them. To a large tub filled withwater. The trap works for racoons too.

Latest posts