SKB Shotgun

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Can anyone help me identify the model of this shotgun? All I know about it is- it is a semi auto SKB,6 shot with a powerful recoil that got my 50kgs moving in reverse for a while. I either have to sell it,license it or disarm it,so need to make a desision.
DSC00014.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

That's a fine looking gun. Never heard of SKB. If you think the recoil on the auto is bad, don't shoot a pump or a double. :D

I owned one few years back it was a fancy gold engraved Ithaca [made by skb ] nice looking light shotgun but same thing couldnt hang on to it when it went off! The barrel moves back to eject the shell giving a double whamy when shot. Used it for a few years then got older and didnt think was fun anymore and sold it for a pump.

Based on the thump I would guess it's either a 300 or 900. If it has a gas system in the forend it it could be any number of other models. The 300 and 900 were recoil operated like the old Browning square backs.
You might do a search for Ithaca semi autos and see if it's thre since they imported SKBs in the past

Douglas":2w7c8ez3 said:
backhoeboogie":2w7c8ez3 said:
It looks a lot like a 1100
Yep, looks just like my remington 1100 i bought in the late 70's

That's when I bought the one I had. The feel wasn't right. When I threw up the gun on a bird, I was always low. After shooting, I was always trying to pump. Finally just quit trying it and a cousin took it off my hands. Not a bad gun, just not a fit for me. It looked just like the one in the pic, scroll and all.

After Dun's comment I eventually narrowed it down to the 300 or 900 as they are recoil operated whereas the XL300 and XL900 are gas operated. The 900 seems to be a fancier model to the 300 with regards to the engraving otherwise they are basically identical. I reckon i'm sitting with the 300. It is definetly not a Remington even though they are similar ;-) .
Thanks all for your responses :D .

Latest posts