Sitz Barricade experience

Help Support CattleToday:

I was interested in breeding to Sitz. Barricade. Genex had no luck collecting the bull during the Summer and sent him to Hoffman in Nebraska. They have no idea ii he will be collected again. No semen available

Sitz Barricade seems to be gaining appreciation. Any experience or opinions on the bull and his offspring?
Barricade is dead.
His calves absolutely Rock. His sons stand like men among the boys in the bullpen and his daughters seem to be pretty maternal.

We flushed two cows to Barricade last summer. You can still find semen but it's starting to get more expensive.

I've got a couple of Sitz Stellar bull calves and a heifer about 6 months old that are shaping up nicely. The only problem I had was I thought the Stellar semen was low fertility, I even gave 6 straws back to my supplier, I had one tested and it was down the lower end of the acceptable range. I told my supplier he could give them to someone else for free, I did not want to muck around with them anymore.
I will probably use one of the calves on my heifers next year after a round of AI.

Ken

I've got a couple of Sitz Stellar bull calves and a heifer about 6 months old that are shaping up nicely. The only problem I had was I thought the Stellar semen was low fertility, I even gave 6 straws back to my supplier, I had one tested and it was down the lower end of the acceptable range. I told my supplier he could give them to someone else for free, I did not want to muck around with them anymore.
I will probably use one of the calves on my heifers next year after a round of AI.

Ken
What do you think of their attitude? We had some Stellar bulls that seemed to get pretty wound up compared to the rest of the group.

He sure had the capacity. There were some people that came out one day that had quite a few cattle, and they didn't keep up with breeds and such. They had different kinds of cattle and their stock always looked like it needed a few more bites. But when they came to my house, they made the comment about their swollen bellies. Their cattle were sort of slab sided and that is what they were used to looking at. It was hard to tell them that it was capacity, but they saw a hay belly and worms. So when I saw Barricade, it made me wonder what they would say if they saw him.

Latest posts