Sirloin tips

Help Support CattleToday:

U guys havnt been paying attention.
Mountain creek runs longhorns don't they?

I'd bite it, with some peppers n onions!
And hash brown w shredded cheddar all over em. And some good bread too

WOW! Does it taste as good as it looks?

How do you fix the sirloin tips? I'd like a good recipe.
The best way is the cube it get rid of any undesirable silver skin etc.
Little bit of Worcestershire sauce some garlic powder, salt and pepper roll it around leave it for about 10 minutes. Get cast iron skillet smoking hot, just a teaspoon or two of high heat oil and it only takes a couple of minutes. Turning in the pan to Brown on all sides.
Once it's done you can do anything you want with it ....you can turn it into something with a cream sauce like a stroganoff and serve it with egg noodles.
Tonight it's going to be served with roasted cubed sweet potatoes rosemary and garlic.

My neighbor has well over 200 Wagyu cows. His daughter just bought a semi load of registered Wagyu cows. He does AI and ET, the whole 9 yards of a breeding program. They sell the heck out of bulls for breeding stock. But they never feed them or eat them.

My neighbor has well over 200 Wagyu cows. His daughter just bought a semi load of registered Wagyu cows. He does AI and ET, the whole 9 yards of a breeding program. They sell the heck out of bulls for breeding stock. But they never feed them or eat them.
Can't afford to compared to a fat open "regular" heifer.

I was looking at the results of a paddock to palate competition held here each year and the initial 100 days in the feedlot results were just out. There is a separate competition for wagyu but fed at the same feedlot.
The results for wagyu, the best pen of 6 steers averaged ADG 1.294 with best individual 1.516. I am assuming they were HGP free.
The other classes of cattle went 2.445 for the pen of 6 and best individual 2.870 for the HGP free class
The HGP class of other cattle went 3.067 for pen of 6 and 3.330 for an individual.
Wagyu certainly need to bring a premium to make up for the lack of growth especially when you add in their performance in the paddock from birth to feedlot entry.

Ken