Since country music is pretty much dead........

Help Support CattleToday:

I run across this guy about 6 months ago. Frank Foster is his name, he's from North Louisiana right below the Arkansas line. He's a half cherokee 2nd generation offshore driller. Was offered a Nashville record deal but told them where to go when he seen the list of demands.

Can't help you. Die hard rock, not just the classics. Fairly certain I was the token middle aged white woman wearing cowboy boots at the Shinedown concert.
I could get down with CCR and
Bob Seger.

My 69 GTO 8 track had an extensive collection of rock and country. Now that was a chick magnet!! Covered ugly from head to toe.
Mine was in Expresso brown.

I listen to all kinds of music. What they call country music today ain't it though with the exception of a few songs and artists. TC I like some Shinedown and a lot of other rock too. My go to's are Chris Ledoux, Gary Allan, Jason Aldean, and Eric Church. Not to much they have or do put out that I don't like.

I like classic country and rock. I can venture into the 90s with country, although it's not my favorite; after that, it's just a song here and there. I have big pay-lists from 50s, 60, 70, and 80s. I really wish I could find some new country to enjoy. I probably could if I tried a little harder, but overall, I'm not drawn to the new stuff. I'd never heard of Tony Jackson, but his version of Grand Tour was nice in CB's post. Here is a Haggard song. It wasn't a single, but the storytelling is part of what I loved about classic country.

Beyond the classics, growing up in Texas we listened to a lot of "red dirt" music. Some may call it Texas country, some say they're different. Idk, but it's got all the types I like within one genre... has neotraditional sounding folks, southern rockers, country blues etc. even has its own classics at this point.

some of the newer and more famous guys are Cody Jinks, Turnpike Troubadours, Aaron Watson, and Cody Johnson.

this is one of my all time favorites...

Latest posts