Simmy bull 600U

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Bought a young Simmy bull yesterday. Bought him on a mans word without seeing him.For you Simmental breeders he is an embryo out of 600U. 11 months old and weighs barely over 1100lb and has not been pushed. He will be a 7 frame with a lot of muscle. I will post a picture when I get him home. He is in Harlan KY and the man only has 12 cows with some of them being fullblood. Shows it dont always have to be a big name outfit to get some good calves. And the best part is he only cost $2500.

Kenny
600U is a legend in the business! Females with him close in the pedigree are usually outstanding! I have 10 straws of him, and just waiting for the right opportunity to use it. Your key word there was embryo! That is the quickest way to make improvements on your herd! You can purchase top genetics at a fraction of the cost. I will eagerly await to see some pics of him! Good find on the genetics!!!

kenny thomas":yzqd7w3x said:
Bought a young Simmy bull yesterday. Bought him on a mans word without seeing him.For you Simmental breeders he is an embryo out of 600U. 11 months old and weighs barely over 1100lb and has not been pushed. He will be a 7 frame with a lot of muscle. I will post a picture when I get him home. He is in Harlan KY and the man only has 12 cows with some of them being fullblood. Shows it dont always have to be a big name outfit to get some good calves. And the best part is he only cost $2500.

Good for you. I hope he is as good as you hope when you see him.

On another note, for the first time, we have a few 1/2 blood Red Angus/Sim bulls in our sale. I am very impressed! You wouldn't know they are 1/2 bloods as they look like a very powerful Red Angus.

sim.-ang.king":1bvhema1 said:
Always seem to find a lot of good cattle at those no name places. What are you going to putting him out on?
I am going to use him on mostly black cows that could use some extra growth and muscle. I look for extra weaning weight without having to creep feed.

Till-Hill":3tbgiyqk said:
You did good there. Outcross Simmentals getting hard to find. You got his registration #?
I do not have his number yet. I will post that as soon as I get it. He is out of a cow that Kansas State University raised and this guy bought a few years ago. At the moment I cant think of what she is out of. I have had the 600U bulls before but it seems nobody has any for sale nowdays.

BRG":6ugw83v3 said:
kenny thomas":6ugw83v3 said:

Good for you. I hope he is as good as you hope when you see him.

On another note, for the first time, we have a few 1/2 blood Red Angus/Sim bulls in our sale. I am very impressed! You wouldn't know they are 1/2 bloods as they look like a very powerful Red Angus.
I would love to have some of the heifers that are 1/2 blood. Especially when the other half is some of your bloodlines.

Fire Sweep Ranch":izdg9pdw said:
Kenny
600U is a legend in the business! Females with him close in the pedigree are usually outstanding! I have 10 straws of him, and just waiting for the right opportunity to use it. Your key word there was embryo! That is the quickest way to make improvements on your herd! You can purchase top genetics at a fraction of the cost. I will eagerly await to see some pics of him! Good find on the genetics!!!
Since I cant post pictures yet I am sending them to someone else to post. He was born on Feb 21, 2013 with a birth weight of 78. Weighed 976 on 12/5/2013 and if he kept up his growth of 3.3 lbs since weaning he should weigh around 1125 now. He is not being pushed, He and a fleckvieh bull are getting 5 gal a day divided between both of them. I will post a picture of the Fleckvieh also just in case anyone in interested.
His ASA number is 2781767. The red bull is 2737152.

Kenny's bull
389EADD0-12C8-4645-85C3-8BA35666E3B1.jpg

64AB11D2-37F9-4C63-9B05-D68C17650830.jpg

Surely I cant be the first person ever on cattle today to post a picture of a bull and not get comments on him. Is he so bad everyone just dont want to hurt my feelings. Im a big boy say it, I can stand it. :cowboy:

kenny thomas":3cump8qs said:
Surely I cant be the first person ever on cattle today to post a picture of a bull and not get comments on him. Is he so bad everyone just dont want to hurt my feelings. Im a big boy say it, I can stand it. :cowboy:
He's pretty bad. Since your feelings get hurt so easy and I think so much of you ill just go pick him up and hide him over here. It's the least I can do.

jedstivers":suo0fofh said:
kenny thomas":suo0fofh said:
He's pretty bad. Since your feelings get hurt so easy and I think so much of you ill just go pick him up and hide him over here. It's the least I can do.
Next truck comes that way friday. I will put him on the back cut by himself so you wont get him mixed up with the steers. hahaha

You do realize that the bull is going bald. All of the ''good'' cattle have lots of hair so he will have to be a terminal sire only!

He's a fine bull Kenny. That kind of frame is waht i see the buyers climbing over each other to buy on a steer. I imagine he will make you a bunch of very saleable calves.

When is he going to work Kenny? Was looking at his numbers at ASA and noticed there are over 500 registrations under the 600U line. Looks like he's going to have some growth to him.

fitz

fitz":1chgq4wo said:
When is he going to work Kenny? Was looking at his numbers at ASA and noticed there are over 500 registrations under the 600U line. Looks like he's going to have some growth to him.

fitz
I will not use him until May at the soonest. And that will be only on a few cows this year. I limit them the first year first because of age and then because I want to see what the calves look like before I use them a lot. I expect I will like him well but any bull that has been here 2 years has good calves and I know I can depend on them.

Latest posts