Simmentals

Help Support CattleToday:

showme

Reaction score
Me and a guy just started up a Simmental herd we got an ok looking Goldmine heifer, 2 cows that were cheap. If anyone has heifers, cows, bred heifers, 3-in-1's, bulls or even embryos that would be interested in selling let me know. My number is at the bottom give me a call. List ranches and there contact info that you like. Also list some good bulls that I can us to AI. I got 10 straws of Dream On in the tank. I am looking to buy. Any help thanks in advance.

Thanks. Do you have semen for sale on your bull. How much a straw. Would you buy this bull I will contact these people ask them a price then get back with you.

memanpa":2tv5ak7d said:

I am talking about Macho not to be and a** but mine your own business. This post is for Simmental breeders. Not you memanpa. I am just starting with Simmentals and need to buy some cattle to get started I am ready to buy.

The Mrs and i were at a bred cow sale the other day.We bought some nice looking black simmental cross hereford heifers and cows.They are bred either black angus or black simmental.They seem like nice cows,anyone have any experince with this kind of cross?

Yes, though we had them before the Simmentals were black. A very good productive docile commercial beef brood cow that once they have that first calf should be pretty trouble free. I never quite had the longevity with them that I had with the baldies or the Herfs. My theory is that that is the price you pay for the heavier milk production; but I did not have enough of them for a real scientific sample. In the late 80s, Auburn presented a paper in the 'Alabama Cattleman' magazine declaring Simmental/Hereford the best crossbred cow you could use and had numbers to back it up.

Why not just raise Black Angus not some halfassed black crossbred registered this and that all these other Black Breeds are a total joke.So how many generations of Black angus does it take to breed the grey rat tails off those stupentals anyhow????????????????????????????

DD RANCH":3ofalo1p said:
Why not just raise Black Angus not some halfassed black crossbred registered this and that all these other Black Breeds are a total joke.So how many generations of Black angus does it take to breed the grey rat tails off those stupentals anyhow????????????????????????????
I have raised black angus,i have enjoyed all the fun with working with them.Like trying to get a calf in the barn after it was born outside in the middle of the night,and it is minus 40 out,and the cow won't let you anywhere near that calf.I did that for years,and finally got tired of that crap.Temperment is the big reason,why i don't raise black angus anymore.I still have one black angus bull around for breeding heifers.He is a son off of tc moonshine 001,and seems like a good bull.By the way,over the years i have had a couple of black angus bulls throw rat tail calves out of black angus cows.Needless to say,they found the trailer door open pretty quick!!

Check out the TSSA website.. there are Simmental cattle for sale on the site, as well as information on any upcoming sales. http://www.texassimmentalsimbrah.com/

Unfortunately the sales are pretty much over for this year in Texas, except for the sale at Houston in March. If you're willing to travel, a lot of the northern states have Simmental sales coming up. There are two or three this month.

I've been out of town for the past week (in Florida enjoying 85 degree sunny days with my Mom).

Anyway, Macho is listed right here on Cattle Today under "cattle" and under "semen" in the classifieds.
My web site has many pics of him & now some pics of his offspring.

DD RANCH - obviously you are not thrilled with Simmentals, but some people aren't thrilled with Angus either.

Simmental/Angus is (IMO) the ultimate crossbred. They make super cows.
The simmental cow does milk stronger than other breeds, but they are known to have really good udders, and the NEW MODERN Simmental is an easy keeping smaller framed animal - just what the industry needs.
There are good and bad in all breeds. I cull MY bad ones, which happen to be few.

Latest posts