Simmental Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

TheBullLady

Reaction score
This is an early spring Simmental heifer we showed this year at a couple of the Texas shows. Opinions?

HoustonShow012.jpg

HoustonShow014.jpg[img]

Is this the one you posted pictures of when she was a calf? She grew into a good looking heifer.
Wish I knew that you were showing at HLSR. I would have come by and introduced myself.
happy.gif

Beautiful, Nice and clean fronted. I'd think she would be a bit bigger boned for a simi but beautiful nonetheless. From what I can see she is sound also. We do some composite breeding with semi's on top of or Angus herd occaisionally. What breeding is she? I miss Houston, not the traffic getting in and out or the parking, but really love those barns.

lol.. you probably wouldn't have had much of a chance.. it seems like we were hardly there. By the time we got unloaded on Monday it was almost dinner time! It took 5 hours to get from the check in at trailer parking to finally unloading, which we did in record time. By the time we set up, got the tie outs all set up, and got the cows bedded down, it was about 1 a.m. We had the next day to finish clipping, showed on Wednesday, and got released right after the show.

They've actually improved the parking and unloading situation significantly.. we were just unfortunate enough to come in at the same time the Brahmans were coming in. It's the Brahman international show, and easily the biggest group of Brahman cattle you'll find anywhere.

No, this heifer isn't the same one I had the "baby" picture of. This heifer is out of a Dream On cow I'm going to flush this summer, and Enhancer. She's going to be sold at the Lone Star Revue next month, if anyone is interested in a really sweet little heifer. She'll be dynamite for a youngster.. very easy to handle.

lol.. I just realized the calf was in the picture! Hehe.. that's my four day old bottle calf we had to haul with us so we could feed him! He was quite the crowd pleaser too. We'd find my husband out leading him around the barns, and all these adoring girls / ladies cooing over his calf. Worked better than a baby! :cowboy:

We'd find my husband out leading him around the barns, and all these adoring girls / ladies cooing over his calf. Worked better than a baby! :cowboy:[/quote]

Yeah, my boys used to pull that every once in a while. my wife told me just to stay put! :banana:

Latest posts