Simmental Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

Simmi Show Gal

Reaction score
My first time posting a picture..Hope this works. This is my March 2005 simmy show heifer. Please let me know what you think. Any comments are welcome.
Thanks & God Bless,
LinZ :)
simmheifer.jpg

Hope this worked. Thanks a million MilkMaid!!!

The picture is waaaaayyyyyy too big. Downsize it so a person doesn't have to scroll across the page to see it please.

Then we'll talk about the heifer.

Lin, I resized your pic for you -- right click on it, hit 'save pic', save it to your computer, and then upload it to photobucket and edit your original post -- so I can take it off my account. ;-)

simmheifer.jpg

i have 50 that look just like her, hereford x angus, not much to talk about really but not a bad heifer good luck in the show ring ;-)

I will have to disagree with topsquar I think there is somthing to talk about very nice heifer she will be competitive her lenght of body and muscle is very adequate

Dont know alot about show cattle, but she looks nice to me. I noticed the comment about someone having fifty black baldies. Someones Angus ego talking again.

LinZ - you have a fine looking heifer, nice profile, good squared-off look with good length. Might like to see more depth, but that may come with age. Looks like you're spending a lot of time with her - hair looks good & she appears well trained. Good luck with her.
What's her pedigree? Do you know how much she weighs (about)?
PS Milkmaid - that was VERY nice of you.

topsquar":10q10d2h said:
i have 50 that look just like her, hereford x angus, not much to talk about really but not a bad heifer good luck in the show ring ;-)
topsquar-Not much to talk about??? :shock: In SPITE of the fact that you may THINK that there is "not much to talk about" here - - and that you "- - have 50 that look just like her - -" - - - good for you. I think that this is a fine Simmental Heifer and if she were mine I would talk about her a lot! I guess that when breeder's have cattle that "- - - -look just like" - - OTHER fine looking cattle they have a 'justified' tendency to become rather hubris.

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":16pio577 said:
topsquar":16pio577 said:
topsquar-Not much to talk about??? :shock: In SPITE of the fact that you may THINK that there is "not much to talk about" here - - and that you "- - have 50 that look just like her - -" - - - good for you. I think that this is a fine Simmental Heifer and if she were mine I would talk about her a lot! I guess that when breeder's have cattle that "- - - -look just like" - - OTHER fine looking cattle they have a 'justified' tendency to become rather hubris.

DOC HARRIS

sorry to offend you, go get a life :idea:

topsquar":3ffjrnve said:
DOC HARRIS":3ffjrnve said:
topsquar":3ffjrnve said:

DOC HARRIS

ha ha ... thats funny.

I think Doc Harris is right. If I had a simmental heifer, or any breed for that matter, that looked like that I would definantly be talking about her. She looks to be very correct, with some muscle and thickness and yet maintains her femininity very well.

Ryan

I'm certainly no expert on conformation, but I think she's absolutely gorgeous.

Alice

Goof looking hfr. She has a lot going for her and should do well for you. Pay no attention to topsquar. He is mostly smart-ass without anything coming from the brain.

Sorry. I didn't know how to do it. She is sired by HC Hummer and out of SVF Sheza Lady Too(the first natural calf of the famous Sheza Lady cow and a full sister to the Denver Champion & high seller at 20,750 Sheza Beauty). She has great EPDs. I'm taking her to the first show since I bought her Saturday(27th) and I'm super excited. She is for sale but I haven't set a price and I haven't fully decided if I want to sell her because she's such a sweet heifer. She weighs about 1250ish.

Thanks & God Bless,
LinZ:)

topsquar":ugw1femc said:
I'm still a minor but I'm pretty sure I haven't even said that since I was 5 or 6 or so.

Great looking heifer. She should be competitive in the ring for you. Good luck!

Latest posts