Sidewinder

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Does any one on here that AIs use a sidewinder and a chin ball marker?

We don't, but have a good friend that does and it works well for him. We used a chin ball marker a few years ago and it didn't work well for our methods. We lost one. It was a pain to catch the bull and get it refilled. The biggest problem was it fell on me to do, and do the heat checking. I couldn't check in the morning, too few hours in the evening, and I just don't like messing with the bulls that much.

In the 70s they used to put some kind of a band on the sigmoud something or other so a bull couldn;t ectend it's penis. That was done rather the the sidewinder becuase (in theory) it was reversible and wasn;t as invasive. I haven;t heard of that being done now for years. Curious if anyone knows about it still being done.

dun":f9uovvfg said:
In the 70s they used to put some kind of a band on the sigmoud something or other so a bull couldn;t ectend it's penis. That was done rather the the sidewinder becuase (in theory) it was reversible and wasn;t as invasive. I haven;t heard of that being done now for years. Curious if anyone knows about it still being done.

I never heard of that procedure. I'd think there might be some damage that way. I have heard of a sidewinder that managed to get cows bred.

Latest posts