Sick Cow?

Help Support CattleToday:

sewall

Reaction score
I have a cow that I just noticed to have the trots. We just switched the cows from dry pasture to bermuda hay and molasses tubs. Could the switch cause this or should I check her out? Oh and the rest of the cows which is nine of them don't seem to have the problem.

If the pasture is particularly lush or she's a hog about the rodent butt tub that could very well be the cause. Not all animals deal with feed to manure the same way.

My guess would be the tubs, if so she should level off with time, just keep her in mind and watch.

blk mule

Probably a tub hog.........

Make sure that you keep the tub and hay close to each other and as far away from your water source as possible. There always seems to be one in a crowd that goes from tub to water and seems to "forget" to eat the hay in the process.

sewall":31opu0qg said:
I have a cow that I just noticed to have the trots. We just switched the cows from dry pasture to bermuda hay and molasses tubs. Could the switch cause this or should I check her out? Oh and the rest of the cows which is nine of them don't seem to have the problem.

for sure the tub, what protein is it? is it one of the high ones? bermuda put up right has about 9% protein. even tho i have used the tubs, i don't like to, cause there is always a couple of cows that wont leave the tub., and guard it.

Latest posts