sick calf?

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyAway

Reaction score
Just got in 3 calves about 4-5 months old. One is very letharic and slow moving. Is eating well, but is not acting like the others.
Seems to have a dry, mild cough but doesn't cough a lot.

any thoughts??

Thanks,
Chris

The lethargy combined with the cough is worrisome. Personally, I would give the calf a shot of nuflor, which is prescription only.

I think a call to the vet is in order. No sense in letting a respiratory illness get started and progress to a point that it becomes chronic. It's a mild cough now, but left untreated can spell big trouble.

The vet would be the one to decide which med would be the most effective...

Good luck, Alice

I would start on nuflor or baytril. kick it in the but before it becomes an issue. Dont waste time with Pen or LA200.

I agree with Alice and 3MR you need to treat that animal ASAP with Nuflor IM not sub and also give it a non steroidal anti imflamitory.Were they vaccinated yet?Keep a close eye on the other two as you could have something very contagious.If they haven't been vaccinated do that as soon as they are healthy again and their immune systems can handle it.

Nuflor is the first thing, I have had alot of experience in the same symptoms and seem to be able to pull off a few miracles here and there. I have had no trouble with nuflor

Latest posts