Showing and Clothing

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king":wa9rqyuy said:
I don't think cowboy hats are unacceptable, just they don't like people wearing ball caps was the main thing they didin't want people wearing.

Heard a city slicker ask a cowboy why he was wearing a ball cap instead of a hat. His answer,"I don't want people to think I'm a truck driver." :cboy:

It just seems to me that we are worried more about the appearance of the showman instead of the why we are in the ring in the first place -- cattle.

I, too, believe it should be about the cattle.... BUT, we are talking about showing, the cattle are there to be exhibited. I would be embarrassed to show off my animals in front of other breeders, customers and the general public not looking like a professional. I think its especially important in the case of juniors, knowing how to properly present one's self is extremely important.

Ryan

Since when is wearing a cowboy hat not professional...are you calling the judges unprofessional if they have on a hat...are you calling sales reps unprofessional if they wear a hat...are you calling open showmen who market thousands of dollars per year unprofessional if they wear at hat...are you calling livestock auctioneers unprofessional if they wear a hat? I just don't get why wearing cowboy hats is not acceptable.

farmwife,
I never said hats where unprofessional. I think in MANY cases they are very professional and appropriate. My previous comment was in reply to your comment regarding the show being about the cattle vs the appearance. Also, I said previously that the MULTIPLE judges disliked the hats in the ring, not ALL, and their reasons had NOTHING to do with a professional appearance.

Ryan

Latest posts