Showing a brahman heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

BRAFORDMAN

Reaction score
I have a polled registered half grey brahman half nelore heifer. She is very thick and gentle. I can already rub on her I just have to halter break her. I plan on showing her in The All American show.
I have never shown before.

What are the grooming requirements for showing brahman?

Brahman are just blow and go cattle no shaving required so all you need to do is get her halter broken and used to a showstick(:)

gabbyellepaige":2822j9gx said:
Brahman are just blow and go cattle no shaving required so all you need to do is get her halter broken and used to a showstick(:)

Thanks. Any tips on halter breaking. She is already gentle and when I take my time I can rub all over her withut being kicked.

For getting her halter broken if she's gentle around you, you should be able to put the halter on and take it off,
When you put it on her for about a week id just tie her up, head parallel so that its not to high or too low, and just brush her with a rice root brush so that she learns that the halters not a bad thingq.
Then start rubbing her belly with the show stick maybr set her legs up.
Then start walking her use a halter with a long lead rope for momentum if you walk her out in a paddock.
But id start walking her in a smaller confinded area until you feel confident walking her in a larger area:)

gabbyellepaige":2vsekxmm said:
For getting her halter broken if she's gentle around you, you should be able to put the halter on and take it off,
When you put it on her for about a week id just tie her up, head parallel so that its not to high or too low, and just brush her with a rice root brush so that she learns that the halters not a bad thingq.
Then start rubbing her belly with the show stick maybr set her legs up.
Then start walking her use a halter with a long lead rope for momentum if you walk her out in a paddock.
But id start walking her in a smaller confinded area until you feel confident walking her in a larger area:)
Thanks. I will get the halter on her this week.
I plan to show her in the All American brahman show.

I believe the show is in July and I get out of school in the beginning of June.
My farm is however 2 and a half hours from where i live.
I can work with her on weekends and during the holiday breaks we get and then the month before the show. Will this be enough time to prepare her for show?

You definetley have enough time if the shows in july and you work with her when you can you'll be fine(:)

The more you work with her, the better prepared you will be.

I don't know where you live, but check into showing her at area progress shows. The shows will give you a chance to practice before the big show.

Good luck.

Latest posts