Show Steer Bulls What Happens to them?

Help Support CattleToday:

Well we raise 120 cows that are chianina cross. I do agree some can be wild but the ones I raise are not. The reason some of them are wild is due to the owner of the cattle. I also raise Fullblood Chianina cattle as well. They are easy handling cattle. As for birth weights I dont call calves being born under 90lbs heavy. I have a chianina bull that I have been using for 6 years and we have not pulled the first calf. In fact in the last 10 years I bet we have not pulled anymore than 10 calves.
iowahawkeyes":a2lcjps8 said:
Does anyone use any old Chianina bull semen? Sugar Ray, 18u, Awesome, KK New design etc....
Does anyone still use the Angus bull Pindrive Big Sky? He was awesome
If anyone does please respond I miss the good old days
Third Row":a2lcjps8 said:
Do you really want those chis? 10 frame psycho bulls with no hair and big birthweights? I realize there are lot of really crappy club calf bulls out there (25 times more is probably an actual fair guess), but if you call around and talk to people that have used the bulls you can find one that will work for your operation. Sugar Ray and KK had calves that were absolute nuts sometimes!

I have been in the chianina business since 1985 and in my opinion the breed has declined because of the A.I. Bulls being produced for show steers. I also bet that a great deal of these high quality angus cattle being sold have some chi influence in them. There is no way that the angus breed has created cattle as big as they have. I have seen angus cattle as big or bigger than alot of chianina cattle.
iowahawkeyes":362omr44 said:
Does anyone use any old Chianina bull semen? Sugar Ray, 18u, Awesome, KK New design etc....
Does anyone still use the Angus bull Pindrive Big Sky? He was awesome
If anyone does please respond I miss the good old days
Third Row":362omr44 said:
Do you really want those chis? 10 frame psycho bulls with no hair and big birthweights? I realize there are lot of really crappy club calf bulls out there (25 times more is probably an actual fair guess), but if you call around and talk to people that have used the bulls you can find one that will work for your operation. Sugar Ray and KK had calves that were absolute nuts sometimes!

I have been in the chianina business since 1985 and in my opinion the breed has declined because of the A.I. Bulls being produced for show steers.
Doesn't the breed pretty much promote that when they allow anything that moos to be registered as a Chi?

Third Row":26kinvcc said:
I have been in the chianina business since 1985 and in my opinion the breed has declined because of the A.I. Bulls being produced for show steers.
Doesn't the breed pretty much promote that when they allow anything that moos to be registered as a Chi?

I agree about the registration part. But the big problem that most people have with the Chianina breed is that they do not understand them. The higher the percentage chi it seems to me the more of a routine they will have. The chianina most people see today is a very, very low percentage chianina. For example a chianina can be 99.9% Angus and .01% Chi and can be registered as a chiangus

Latest posts