Show me your herd bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Resource x EXT bred to produce replacements. One of his first daughters. Can't wait to get more. I only bred him to a handful because of bw concerns. Got two daughters. Using him to clean up this year.

Attachments

• 085ED23B-993F-4C35-A086-102BD5133F81.jpeg
    085ED23B-993F-4C35-A086-102BD5133F81.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 24
  • B44EE31D-F827-4768-BDFD-6FA409838BE3.jpeg
    B44EE31D-F827-4768-BDFD-6FA409838BE3.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 24
0106120D-43D0-4EB2-A5F2-06E22501CE1B.jpegCEFEC442-0909-495F-849E-7FD91B07A899.jpeg9F5E069B-920A-4AD4-96EF-B1EC2DBCDCCE.jpeg64F78438-30B5-4A5F-ABF9-A529AA8DF8A5.jpeg
I stepped out onto the front poach to let the dog out the other morning still in my pj's and a pair of flip flops. The coming two year olds were up at the fence and I just had to snap a couple photos, I love seeing black cattle on green grass. Came in looking for my morning caffeine and the boss yells we got bulls out, I started to argue with him I said they can't be out I just snapped a photo. He said not the two year olds the yearling! So this old girl was out helping round up bulls in flip flops and pj's. The lighting storms play heck on electric fencing lucky for us it was just a fuse.

View attachment 19094View attachment 19095View attachment 19096View attachment 19097
I stepped out onto the front poach to let the dog out the other morning still in my pj's and a pair of flip flops. The coming two year olds were up at the fence and I just had to snap a couple photos, I love seeing black cattle on green grass. Came in looking for my morning caffeine and the boss yells we got bulls out, I started to argue with him I said they can't be out I just snapped a photo. He said not the two year olds the yearling! So this old girl was out helping round up bulls in flip flops and pj's. The lighting storms play heck on electric fencing lucky for us it was just a fuse.
Beautiful place, great cattle and green grass. We are in a severe drought.

Thank you this is the home place we bring the bulls here to develop. We have been blessed with an abundance of rain. I am sure praying for you folks suffering this drought. Feel guilty having all this grass while friends are feeding hay 140 miles from us.
I'm sure there exceptions from time to time..but I've never been there when it didn't rain aleast a couple times during a weeks we spent in that area..like here will deal with tornados year round..y'all have the hurricanes to deal with..

I'm sure there exceptions from time to time..but I've never been there when it didn't rain aleast a couple times during a weeks we spent in that area..like here will deal with tornados year round..y'all have the hurricanes to deal with..
I am super nervous about hurricane season this year the Gulf temps are already very warm my son went over by boat to watch the Blues last week and he told me temps ranged from 87 to 91. The warmer the Gulf the stronger the storms so kinda scary. We have had droughts here and they have been bad but living this close to the gulf helps break them I think. It did get so dry once I had to carry five gallon buckets of water to water the ground rods so the electric fence would work.

Looking at one of these Gizmo Angus bulls from Ms Gizmom. 2 nd bull from right and the side view bull . Coming 2 year old. I really like his thickness and his head . Any knocks on a high tail head ?View attachment 18935View attachment 18936
I call him monkey tail he doesn't slope from hooks to pins his tail is just up lol

Looking at one of these Gizmo Angus bulls from Ms Gizmom. 2 nd bull from right and the side view bull . Coming 2 year old. I really like his thickness and his head . Any knocks on a high tail head ?View attachment 18936
I saw this when you posted it and it triggered an incomplete memory. So I had to cogitate over it for a while to remember what I've heard about high tail heads.

I hung around with a guy quite a while ago that made his living inseminating cows. One day he was inseminating a Brown Swiss I'd brought home as an experiment, and he mentioned that the breed tended to have high tail heads... and some problems from them. He told me that the high set allows contaminants to enter the vagina on the females, causing breeding issues. So not a problem with bulls/steers... but a potential issue with cows/heifers.

In a terminal circumstance where all calves are going to slaughter, no problem. Otherwise, be advised... for what it's worth.

I like the bull... but I trust the guy I hung around with. He'd had plenty of experience breeding cows.

Latest posts