Shouldn't be this hard...

Help Support CattleToday:

angie1

Reaction score
OK ~ I have searched the web and countless church cookbooks. I am looking for a recipe for Black Forest cake. In the spirit of keeping things simple, I am looking for the one where you dump a can of pie filling into a box cake mix. I am thinking you have to add more or less of the standard cake mix ingredients when doing this, but I cannot remember what........

Anybody?

My aunt used to make one like that but unfortunately she died 2 years ago from cancer or I would grab the recipe from her for you.
Maybe this one is close to what you want. I would even maybe switch out the whipping cream for coolwhip if you want..
I wish I ate sugar still, it sounds yummy..

Easy Black Forest cake recipe made with a cake mix, cherry pie filling, and whipped cream, along with Kirsch and shaved chocolate.
INGREDIENTS:
1 chocolate cake mix, 2-layer size
2 cups whipping cream or heavy cream
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons Kirsch
1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
1 ounce shaved semisweet chocolate
PREPARATION:
Prepare chocolate cake following directions on package, making 2 round 9-inch layers.
Cool cake thoroughly.

In a small bowl, beat the cream with the confectioners' sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.

Brush tops of the cakes with the Kirsch.
Place one cake layer on a cake plate and spread with about 3/4 cup of the whipped cream. Top with half of the cherry pie filling, then top that with the second chocolate cake layer. Spread the side of the cake with half of the remaining whipped cream. Spoon remaining pie filling on top of cake, keeping it in the center. Spoon or pipe remaining cream around the cherries. Sprinkle the whipped cream around edge with shaved semisweet chocolate.
Serves 12.

Hey on second thought why don't you just use ILH's recipe ..I think she just uses a normal cake mix but instead of water adds the pie filling. It maybe won't be as pretty as Black Forrest but it will taste good for sure.

We had the best BFC in Bremen a few years back I guess that is why they call it German Black Forrest cake it was absolutely heavenly.
Jaeger schnitzel and becks on tap with black forest cake for dessert...YUMM..

hillsdown":ybcq3stx said:
Hey on second thought why don't you just use ILH's recipe ..I think she just uses a normal cake mix but instead of water adds the pie filling. It maybe won't be as pretty as Black Forrest but it will taste good for sure.
Yes. This is what I am looking for! :clap:
I will go check for it, want to make sure that is what she does before I start.
Thanks!!!! :tiphat:

take a chocolate cake mix and mix as directed, add one can cherry pie filling and bake until toothpick comes out clean. Cool mix one package of choc pudding and chill while waiting for cake to cool. When cake is cool spread pudding on top chill again top with one carton of cool whip or whipped cream which ever you prefer.

Did you find it? That recipe is in the thread "A different cake" I think. I made the peach one and it was great!! Folks were trying other alternatives with good results....

Latest posts