Shortys

Help Support CattleToday:

ArrowHBrand

Reaction score
Where are all of the Shorthorn producers? We have a nice all red first calf heifer that really had a nice cross calf this year. We've had roans in the past and will get some in the future. A few years ago we had a cow that had twin roan bull calves, we showed one as a steer and he did awesome! If you have Shortys make some noise!

we have a few shorthorns, i love their disposition mothering ability and growth. Try to breed functional cattle and not just fluff.

I have 1 blue roan from a purebred roan cow and BA bull. She's now my oldest cow in the herd. Raising her 10th calf, another Charolais. Very good cow.

My wife always showed our purebred shorthorn calves and they really were like pets. Tied them up in the morning, fed them, turned on their radio, fan kicked on automatically about 11, fed them again after work, and lead them around some, maybe a bath, and let them loose overnight. I am more partial to our shorthorns than the other typical black cattle we have no matter what breed they are.

We have been raising Shorthorns ever since my Great Grandfather homesteaded this land in 1910. We have been raising purebreds for the last 80 years.
27_M.jpg

Latest posts