Shorthorn from USA

Help Support CattleToday:

cattlemom

Reaction score
In light of the recent Shorthorn pics from Australia I thought I'd post one of our Shorthorn heifer. Ironically we call her Daisy also. As you can tell that is one proud 10 year old on the lead. In this pic Daisy had just won Supreme Champion heifer at a 100+ head jackpot. :D :D

DSCF1918.JPG

That is a gorgeous lookin cow! I can definantly see why he is one proud showman.

Beautiful heifer, and congradulations on that win! That's a LOT of competition!

Great fitting also! What a hair coat!

The only thing wrong with her is that she is not in my showstring. That may have been alot of competition but I bet she can stand even more. What other big shows do you tend to show at you need to be there with a heifer of that caliber.

Thanks for all the compliments!!! I'm glad to hear that everyone likes her as much as we do. She delivered a bouncing baby bull calf last night!!! Right on time - today was her due date. He was up and bucking and jumping this morning!!

She's out of Kool. Unfortunately because of his TH status we won't be trying to get any more from him. We haven't had her tested we just played it safe and bred her to a TH free bull.

The largest show we took her to was the American Royal in Kansas City, MO. She did ok in her class. We were in the class with the Supreme Champion heifer so we didn't feel too bad. She was kind of a later maturing calf and really took a growth spurt this winter - she looked better this spring than we ever dreamed she would. At Kansas City she looked like she was a little small framed - however, she is the perfect size now - in my opinion.

She's what the Shorthorns in this country should look like. Ya'll have reason to be proud of her.

she looks great, she looks alot more like a cow then the majority of shorthorns I have seen, which is good.

If you don't mind my asking...who was she bred to?
Fine looking animal there. I havn't seen too many Kool daughters make it to be a cow, she sure looks good. Did you run her thru the PACE shows?

She was bred to a bull called Thunderstruck. Still trying to decide for sure what to breed her back to. Has to be something that is clean and is known for making nice females. We really wanted a heifer out of her but that's the way it goes!!!

We did not run at the Pace shows this year - probably should have but....hindsight's 20/20.

cattlemom":3ez155c0 said:
She was bred to a bull called Thunderstruck. Still trying to decide for sure what to breed her back to. Has to be something that is clean and is known for making nice females. We really wanted a heifer out of her but that's the way it goes!!!

We did not run at the Pace shows this year - probably should have but....hindsight's 20/20.

I'd love to suggest an Aussie bull that's being used in NZ, UK and Scotland..... :p

Latest posts