Short Ribs

Help Support CattleToday:

2/B or not 2/B

Reaction score
I love short ribs but I only know how to make them Korean style, as kalbi (cal-bee). This is how my grandma used to made them growing up and I've always loved them.

100_2141.jpg

I score the meat almost to the bone in a crosshatch pattern and marinate them for 1 1/2 hours in 3/4 cup soy sauce + 1/4 cup water, 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds, 1 Tbsp. sesame oil, 3 cloves pressed garlic, and 1/3 cup chopped green onions. It's not the kind of thing you have to measure exactly if you don't want to. They get BBQ'd until nicely browned on the outside and cooked medium to well on the inside, just be sure not to overdo it or you'll dry them out. My mom likes to transfer them to a covered baking dish to bake 1 more hour so they get really, really tender, but I don't think it's necessary and I usually can't wait to eat them anyway. The little niblets pull off very easily, making them fun to eat for kids and old folks too (not that any of you are old :lol2: ).

I recently made these for my bf for the first time and he loves them. I'm sharing this recipe b/c it's a favorite but I'd really like to learn other delicious ways to make short ribs and I'm hoping you'll share yours too.

Looks good 2/B. Very good. Since you asked for other ways to do short ribs, here's one probably everybody knows that is very good: Put short ribs in a bag with some flour and shake it up. Put ribs in a pot with enough peanut or other vegetable oil to keep from sticking and brown. Cover with water, put some salt and pepper in and simmer for a couple of hours. Put some carrots, potatoes, and onions on top and some more salt and pepper(if you haven't already put too much)and simmer till done(half an hour or so). Makes a wonderful gravy. I prefer to eat bread with it but rice is very good too.

Latest posts