Shop Air Compressors

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
I'm in need of a new air compressor for my shop and was looking at these two models:

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/ingersoll-rand-80-gallon-5-hp-reciprocating-air-compressor

https://www.aircompressorsdirect.com/Quincy-2V41C60VC-Air-Compressor/p855.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjeTpoqn-5wIVcSCtBh3aOglaEAQYASABEgKb-vD_BwE

Anyone have any experience with either, or other recommendations? I need at least 175 psi for my tire changer.

Thanks.

IR is a well established name in the industry. No reason why I would pass on that one especially if TSC had it on sale.

Might check Harbor Freight also as they have good prices on equipment of the sort. My last AC, (purchased last year) was a TSC on sale, 30 gallon single stage, vertical roll around. Bought it to replace a similar "established name in the industry", 60 gallon vertical, single stage, I bought for my new shop (then) back in 1981.

Texasmark said:
IR is a well established name in the industry. No reason why I would pass on that one especially if TSC had it on sale.

Might check Harbor Freight also as they have good prices on equipment of the sort. My last AC, (purchased last year) was a TSC on sale, 30 gallon single stage, vertical roll around. Bought it to replace a similar "established name in the industry", 60 gallon vertical, single stage, I bought for my new shop (then) back in 1981.

Thanks. TSC usually puts that model on sale for about $100 off a few times a year, if my old one will limp along that long.

I would also have a look at this. Last I knew it was made by bel air.

https://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools-compressors/air-compressors-tanks/5-hp-60-gallon-165-psi-two-stage-air-compressor-93274.html

Thank you both. I've got a couple gift cards for TSC stashed away and if I can't find a used one and my old one will last til they have another sale, I'm leaning towards that one.

i have had that ir compressor for 3 years no problems. it was $100 off when i purchased it.

cfpinz said:
Texasmark said:

Thanks. TSC usually puts that model on sale for about $100 off a few times a year, if my old one will limp along that long.
My old one still works and over the years the repair parts were 1 belt, 2 head gaskets (2 cylinder recrip alum compressor), 2 240 volt control contactors, and one compressor pressure relief valve.....all over the years, not related repairs. I just decided to retire it and replace with the roll around smaller unit since I don't need high volumes of air any longer. But the smaller one makes up for it's smaller capacity as it kicks out at 150# with a single stage V twin pump.

Latest posts