Shocking Christmas gift

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
The boss lady gave me a Miller Bobcat 225 tonight. I guess it must have come in today. BIL (her bro) picked it up for her and delivered it to the house. WOW!! I was shocked!!! Have wanted one of those for years but always kept my nickels in my pocket.

Edit: This bobcat is a welding machine - not a skid steer. Sorry for confusing folks.

Ahhh ~ Lucky, lucky you!
And what will she be getting?

BTW ~ Don't ask TxWalt for suggestions, he has no idea what the ladies want: :roll:

-------------------------------------------------------------
My wife left a zales jewelry catalogue on the keyboard. I flipped through it and the only thing for guys in it is wedding bands and cuff links. What am I going to do with cuff links? She doesn't have a clue what I want for Christmas.

Walt

backhoeboogie":1v4njg25 said:
The boss lady gave me a Miller Bobcat 225 tonight. I guess it must have come in today. BIL (her bro) picked it up for her and delivered it to the house. WOW!! I was shocked!!! Have wanted one of those for years but always kept my nickels in my pocket.

Congratulations! I'm not quite sure why you were so shocked - the amount of money she spent, the fact that she knows you well enough to know what you wanted and was willing to spend the money to get it for you, or because it was obviously totally unexpected? Regardless of the reason, I am so happy for you! :D Please post pictures of all the projects you complete with it? Thanks! :)

backhoeboogie":27u3lo1a said:

Wow! I bet you were shocked....Guess she kind of likes you, huh? :lol:

Just_a_girl":32iyz9rf said:
Wow, I bet you were shocked....Guess she kind of likes you, huh? :lol:

She's been putting up with me for over 27 years now. Can't figure it out.

Msscamp, my first project is to get that old (extremely old) cracker box welder hid. She wants it gone. I can't give it to my nephew because it might get him killed. She also wants all the scrap pieces of iron, pipe, tube steel etc hauled to the back 40. I throw nothing away.

Angie, she got a Bose wave radio and a Seiko watch. That's it so far. Well, not really. At the malls this year I have talked her into buying several clothing items but they don't really count. She has found some new jeans she likes. I should buy a few pair of those but can't find a store any where close to buy some and sneak them in. But if I wind up at Grapevine Mills again.....

"No more jewelry" has been here statement for a long time. There are some things that come to mind but those all seem to be household type things that don't qualify for a gift. If ya'll have any good suggestions, I'd appreciate the input. PM me or whatever. I'm behind. Way behind.

NO! Household items do not count as gifts ~ good for you for knowing that!! Niether do gift certificates, not for your wife UNLESS they are for like a massage or pedicure, something specific that she would not spend the money on for herself, then it is nice.
What are her hobbies? I love getting camera attachments (lenses and bells and whistles).

angie2":4gn77yk9 said:
I love getting camera attachments (lenses and bells and whistles).

That is already done. My EOS equipment all works on the EOS digital cam she bought for my 25th wedding anniversary. She generally fills up both memory cards every week with grandbaby pics. I don't think it is "mine" any more :lol:

But I do appreciate any and all suggestions. She needs some hobbies. As of right now, he interest is totally on the grandbabies. If there is something you can think of to get her along that line, I am all ears. Is there an Ipod for pictures of those babies? That would be great. Some gadget that she could store digital pics on with a view screen. That's one thing I could get. Info please!!!

Boogie, get her one of those digital picture frames. They are the coolest things!

Alice

Alice":2jjhktgf said:
Boogie, get her one of those digital picture frames. They are the coolest things!

Alice

Thanks Alice. Angie got me to thinking about this. I've put a tech nerd on it. Maybe I'll get a couple.

Any more ideas? Thank you all so much. She'll like this. But I am still behind. She's a really good lady. Lammie grew up in the same school she did and knows who she is.

You realize this means there is a huge project to be done following Christmas? :lol:

backhoeboogie":8ir8helh said:

Nope, but it looks like a great idea! The only one I've seen is the picture frame that my son-in-law got for my daughter...one that runs a slide show of pictures off the picture card. He thought she'd like to keep it in her classroom during the school year.

Alice

badaxemoo":2lb0okc9 said:
Lucky guy.

If I asked my wife for a Bobcat I'd probably actually get a bobcat.

This is unbelieveable for me. I have looked for years, stuck with the crackerbox, and it is probably 50 years old in bad shape too. Hate to borrow welding machines for remote jobs but friends have always told me, "Any time." Nevertheless I put together corners and brace posts and then hoist them in. Now I can weld up anything practically anywhere, insitu.

She has apparently been working on this for months. She was going to get the Hobart because she has seen me doing the price check on them from time to time. Nephew put her onto the Miller Bobcat. She then talked to a bunch of welding buddies of mine over the course of about two months. She shifted to the advice everyone gave her.

No way I would have ever bought one new. She's beaming. She did good. I can use my wire welder and shield gas off of the A/C generator on it to weld up the aluminum irrigation pipe. Lots of versatility and ease of repairs for me now.

It was all a total shock. A very nice and very appreciated toy for me.

backhoeboogie":rr8247pl said:
She has found some new jeans she likes. I should buy a few pair of those but can't find a store any where close to buy some and sneak them in. But if I wind up at Grapevine Mills again.....

Grapevine Mills is crazy at this time of year......You're brave! good luck!

Just_a_girl":2ibkuwyy said:
backhoeboogie":2ibkuwyy said:
She has found some new jeans she likes. I should buy a few pair of those but can't find a store any where close to buy some and sneak them in. But if I wind up at Grapevine Mills again.....

Grapevine Mills is crazy at this time of year......You're brave! good luck!

That is where I had to go to get the Bose Wave radio. What a mess.

angie2":2r0wzl9o said:
Ahhh ~ Lucky, lucky you!
And what will she be getting?

BTW ~ Don't ask TxWalt for suggestions, he has no idea what the ladies want: :roll:

-------------------------------------------------------------
My wife left a zales jewelry catalogue on the keyboard. I flipped through it and the only thing for guys in it is wedding bands and cuff links. What am I going to do with cuff links? She doesn't have a clue what I want for Christmas.

Walt

She left another jewelry catalogue on the couch this time. I realized the error of my ways and I'm going out shopping this afternoon. She obviously likes to look at these catologues so I'm going to get all the jewelery catologues I can find for her. I can't wait to see her face when she see's what I got for her. Plus it won't cost me dime. :D

Walt

Latest posts