shibaura/ford compact

Help Support CattleToday:

mountainranch

Reaction score
I've got a Shibaura compact 4wd tractor, approx. 33 hp. Shibaura made tractors for Ford and New Holland, and mine is very similar to a Ford model 1920. The pto is now stuck in gear and I can't disengage it with the shift lever. This happened after I hit a high spot with the bush hog. The pto shift lever moves freely back and forth like something has come loose inside the differential. Anyone familiar with these tractors ,and what the problem might be? I thought it might be a shifting fork or loose linkage internally. It looks like the hydraulic assembly could be removed from the top of the differential to gain access,but i'm afraid I might get in over my head. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

mountainranch":1zoxd1c6 said:
I've got a Shibaura compact 4wd tractor, approx. 33 hp. Shibaura made tractors for Ford and New Holland, and mine is very similar to a Ford model 1920. The pto is now stuck in gear and I can't disengage it with the shift lever. This happened after I hit a high spot with the bush hog. The pto shift lever moves freely back and forth like something has come loose inside the differential. Anyone familiar with these tractors ,and what the problem might be? I thought it might be a shifting fork or loose linkage internally. It looks like the hydraulic assembly could be removed from the top of the differential to gain access,but i'm afraid I might get in over my head. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

I would think it was the shifting fork also as I have had this occur on a 100 horse Massey. I am not familar with this brand seems to be time to find a shop manuel.

Latest posts