Share Board Agreements

Help Support CattleToday:

TANGLES123

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with these? I was going to lease a horse and the owner was going to keep it at his ranch. I was to pay 125.00 a month for it. He got right of first refusal to ride it. If it dies I owe him 3000.00, (it's a grade quarter type). If it hurts anybody, I am liable. If the horse gets hurt I am liable. All vet work is 100% my bill as well as farrier. I back out. I thought I would be better to own my own at this rate...

TANGLES123":2mvpcoq5 said:
Does anybody have any experience with these? I was going to lease a horse and the owner was going to keep it at his ranch. I was to pay 125.00 a month for it. He got right of first refusal to ride it. If it dies I owe him 3000.00, (it's a grade quarter type). If it hurts anybody, I am liable. If the horse gets hurt I am liable. All vet work is 100% my bill as well as farrier. I back out. I thought I would be better to own my own at this rate...

You're SMART! I wouldn't touch that deal with a 10 foot pole! The horse is under HIS control, yet YOU are 100% responsible! I don't think so... :shock:

Running Arrow Bill":3hofz7v4 said:
TANGLES123":3hofz7v4 said:

You're SMART! I wouldn't touch that deal with a 10 foot pole! The horse is under HIS control, yet YOU are 100% responsible! I don't think so... :shock:

Plus pay this jerk $125 and month?!!!!!

The guy keeps it on his place...and leasee pays him $3,000 if it dies? Man, that's a scam waiting to happen. Where do people come up with these scams? And why would they think anyone would fall for them? Biggest WHY is...people do fall for them...

Alice

flaboy?":b98dyuoc said:
Wow, with deals like that maybe I should be in the horse rental business. :shock:

I have one that's not long for this world...just trying to keep him happy and comfortable before the "inevitable." Maybe I should find someone to lease him... :shock:

Alice

Plenty of opinions and all right on. If the guy is any kind of freind it's time to find a new one. Decent (not good) QH are a dime a dozen. You can find a good one with years left for $2K to $4K.

Alan

Alan":2c22kii1 said:
Plenty of opinions and all right on. If the guy is any kind of freind it's time to find a new one. Decent (not good) QH are a dime a dozen. You can find a good one with years left for $2K to $4K.

Alan

Watched an auction just recently - all good horses coming off college kids who trained them all year.

Highest price was around 1800 bucks - maybe 2000.

Glad I left the cheque book at home - there were a couple that anyone would have been proud to own.

Bez>

Latest posts