Shame

Help Support CattleToday:

The bickering and snide remarks and putdowns don't bother me much if that's the price I have to pay to have all this info available to me. What does concern me is all the mention of PMs. I keep wondering how much good advise is being passed that I'm missing out on. Come on people, let's keep it in the open so we all can benefit.

Oh yeah, by the way, I have a cattle question. When I put the horse blanket on my steer to keep him warm, is it OK to use the kind with tassles on the border or do you find those tend to get caught on the barbed wire?

Every forum I've visited has someone snippy on it..Seems to be a fact of computer life..just ignore them....Anyone remember CB
radio,and how nasty some folks got?? Now they're here :)

:heart: This is the most enjoyable place I've visited..I learn lots..and can hear about and see(in photos) places I'll never get to visit for real..listen to people who really know what their talking about..thats worth putting up with a few sourpusses :heart:

Hasbeen":33vv4mk1 said:
The bickering and snide remarks and putdowns don't bother me much if that's the price I have to pay to have all this info available to me. What does concern me is all the mention of PMs. I keep wondering how much good advise is being passed that I'm missing out on. Come on people, let's keep it in the open so we all can benefit.

Oh yeah, by the way, I have a cattle question. When I put the horse blanket on my steer to keep him warm, is it OK to use the kind with tassles on the border or do you find those tend to get caught on the barbed wire?

I can't ell you Hasbeen. Maybe Whatshisname'll chime in with the answer. Seems to me though the non-tasseled would be better. That way the others won't be chewin on it possibly draggin it off the steers back!

peg4x4":243v3vd6 said:
Every forum I've visited has someone snippy on it..Seems to be a fact of computer life..just ignore them....Anyone remember CB
radio,and how nasty some folks got?? Now they're here :)

:heart: This is the most enjoyable place I've visited..I learn lots..and can hear about and see(in photos) places I'll never get to visit for real..listen to people who really know what their talking about..thats worth putting up with a few sourpusses :heart:

Peg, I wish I knew you in person...you are alright. :)

Alice

Thanks Alice---Had a checker ask the friend I was with how I'd like my groceries sacked :shock: (I was in one of those Ecarts,and a bit more frizzled than usual) Did set her down the right path.. It's easier to communicate with people if you can't see them to judge them (yes,we've had this discussion before) :lol:

Hasbeen":1570h823 said:

I'm a new guy,But you could replace the barb wire with electric. That should help with the tassle problem. I think an electric blanket would work best. you could control the temperature better. Remember to plug the extension cord into a gfi circuit. Don't want to have your steer wrapped in a toaster blanket in the next rain storm. (sorry board)

Bluestem":8w3sut0f said:
I think an electric blanket would work best. you could control the temperature better. Remember to plug the extension cord into a gfi circuit. Don't want to have your steer wrapped in a toaster blanket in the next rain storm. (sorry board)

Maybe a solar powered one with an inverter would work

dun

I have had two real "mentors" in my lifetime, and both were informative and helpful, but after hearing the same question a dozen times they would both go cold. Guess they figured that i needed to learn that one on my own. They were both sort of gruff and down to earth, but taught me more than i could ever have learned on my own in a lifetime. Caustic is a hard man who has had a hard life, but if you wade through the hard there is a lot to learn. I listened to him in the past and darn well intend to continue.... just hope all the bad mouthing don't run him off.

by the way, there's only ONE real rancher, and that is God. Just take a look at the herd HE has to handle :D

warpaint":1lriqu5a said:
Sounds like these ideas may have merit. Think I'll quit my job and go into the blanket for cattle business. :roll:
Hey Warpaint, can I have the Northeastern Sales District in that cattle blanket business? ....Dennis

I like the electric blanket idea. We could leave it on full time and by slaughter time we could sell pre-cooked beef on the hoof. We'll put the microwave people completely out of business.

(and you oldtimers think there is nothing to be learned from us newbies.)

This would have been a fun thread if it were in Coffee Shop.

Mycows":3oiguqmw said:
warpaint":3oiguqmw said:
Sounds like these ideas may have merit. Think I'll quit my job and go into the blanket for cattle business. :roll:
Hey Warpaint, can I have the Northeastern Sales District in that cattle blanket business? ....Dennis

I'll sure keep you in mind Dennis! Working with my lawyers to start patents. As soon as the distribution centers are set up, I'll give you a call at BR549. ;-)

warpaint":kwex8ayq said:
Mycows":kwex8ayq said:
warpaint":kwex8ayq said:

I'll sure keep you in mind Dennis! Working with my lawyers to start patents. As soon as the distribution centers are set up, I'll give you a call at BR549. ;-)

I am a real good price negotiator, can I do the purchasing of your material needs.

C HOLLAND":316vfn29 said:
warpaint":316vfn29 said:
Mycows":316vfn29 said:
warpaint":316vfn29 said:

I am a real good price negotiator, can I do the purchasing of your material needs.

Someone has beat ya'll to it.
http://www.valleyvet.com/GetThumbnail.a ... =200&H=300

certherfbeef":24i1bt03 said:
C HOLLAND":24i1bt03 said:
warpaint":24i1bt03 said:
Mycows":24i1bt03 said:
warpaint":24i1bt03 said:

uh oh...another one bites the dust...

Alice

certherfbeef":1pp1r0js said:
C HOLLAND":1pp1r0js said:
warpaint":1pp1r0js said:
Mycows":1pp1r0js said:
warpaint":1pp1r0js said:

Warpaint could be the first to offer one to fit over the hump of a Brahman though. Get in on a niche market :lol:

MrGale":3uos39l8 said:
I have had two real "mentors" in my lifetime, and both were informative and helpful, but after hearing the same question a dozen times they would both go cold. Guess they figured that i needed to learn that one on my own. They were both sort of gruff and down to earth, but taught me more than i could ever have learned on my own in a lifetime. Caustic is a hard man who has had a hard life, but if you wade through the hard there is a lot to learn. I listened to him in the past and darn well intend to continue.... just hope all the bad mouthing don't run him off.

I guess I went a little over board on my post. No harm intended. I just get tired of the bs.
I have learned a wealth of information from this forum.
There are many different personalities on this board and sometimes they clash. When I read the original post it just hit me wrong.
My apologies to Caustic and everyone else.

Latest posts