Shame

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":n6ujflnm said:
There used to be a lot more real ranchers on here.
We are losing a tons of knowledge.

Just curious......

Define "real rancher"?

How would you know one is a "real rancher" on a forum?

How do you know we are losing tons of knowledge?

Are "real ranchers" the only ones with this ton of knowledge?

I have been on this board for a year.
I read a great deal and post a question every now and then.
I have learned a great deal and have got good advise from friendly folks.
I usually skip over the cr_ _! I ignore it and move on.
I would just like to say that you are one rude individual and I am familiar with your kind. You like to stir up cr_ _!!! You believe others are beneath you and you have no use for them.
I don't care how much knowledge you may have, I don't associate with your kind. There are plenty other good folk out there with knowledge.

This board may have lost posters due to your condesending posts.

Caustic Burno":3azvxycu said:
Frankie":3azvxycu said:
Caustic Burno":3azvxycu said:

In my opinion, you, Caustic, are a good part of the reason people have left. You make fun of beginners instead of trying to help. People just get tired of the ugly talk. You and your bunch of attack dogs will ride someone until they leave. Shame on you.

Of all the condecending people on this board you get the blue ribbon Frankie. All you know is black and if it aint black your wrong.
I bet you just hate it in real life when people don't see it your way.

PS and Frankie you were not one I was talking about is all you can talk about is Angus oh puke.
There are a lot of Angus people on this board that know cattle I just don't consider you one of them.

Frankie

You and I dont agree on alot. But we are in agreement to a point here.
CB you should turn it down a notch. Life is to short.
On the other hand CB I agree with you Frankie has on black bliders. Cant see for the color....
With that said I dont want to lose either of you.
At least not YET. I still have aLot to learn. It could be from either of you. When I need help, dont care who gives it.
And I havnt seen it all yet...
I think we are all made up that way.

MD

just learnin":1778t34g said:
Caustic Burno":1778t34g said:

Just curious......

Define "real rancher"?

How would you know one is a "real rancher" on a forum?

How do you know we are losing tons of knowledge?

Are "real ranchers" the only ones with this ton of knowledge?

I have been on this board for a year.
I read a great deal and post a question every now and then.
I have learned a great deal and have got good advise from friendly folks.
I usually skip over the cr_ _! I ignore it and move on.
I would just like to say that you are one rude individual and I am familiar with your kind. You like to stir up cr_ _!!! You believe others are beneath you and you have no use for them.
I don't care how much knowledge you may have, I don't associate with your kind. There are plenty other good folk out there with knowledge.

This board may have lost posters due to your condesending posts.

Real rancher:....anyone who has as many or more head of cattle than Caustic does.

Real rancher on a forum:....anyone who agrees with Caustic no matter how idiotic the statement is.

How does he know we are losing tons of knowledge:...he has lost a ton of knowledge himself.

Real ranchers sharing this knowledge:..they are the ones who will help you without the ridicule and realize that everyone had to start somewhere.

CB...when I last checked in awhile back, you were b!tching about the newbies and hobbiests taking over the board, and it appears you are still having trouble with the inexperienced folks asking questions. For someone who runs this forum down alot and b!tches about everything, you seem to check in alot and post quite a bit everyday.

Caustic Burno":hk63mun4 said:

http://groups.msn.com/

Go to this site...you can create your own group/message board. You can restrict membership...make people tell you why they want to join your group before you let them in. You can set up your criteria in your greeting. That way you can have what you want...and you won't have to suffer dumba** people like me... :D

Of course, by doing this, you won't be able to insult anyone...'cause everyone will agree with you.

Alice

Gee, it's been a while since a thread was locked! You suppose this one is headed in that direction?

dun

I am one of those who reads this board a lot but seldom posts. I never offer an opinion unless I am absolutely sure that I know what I am talking about and that my post will benefit the discussion. The last two times I did post, however, someone shot back and said that I was wrong, definitively. Well, I know that I was right, but I don't need the aggravation of someone I don't know contradicting me in public, so I just shut up. I think that the biggest problem with this board is the moderators recognize (honor) people for the number of posts they submit. That certainly seems to encourage some members to flood the board with trivial posts. Caustic, you hit the nail on the head.

Reading some of these posts, I have to wonder if we are not shooting ourselves in the foot.

In order to get a well rounded view, you need a wide range or views and opinions. To me personally, this board have a very well rounded group. Some of us take some things a bit too serious.

When the truth hurts it just plain hurts. You have to get over it. Most of us crawled before we walked.

I can flatly tell you that I disagee with some views some of you have, but I'd be honored to buy most a cup of coffee and visit with them in person.

Some of the bickering is a bit telling. Sometimes things need to be said. Some times threads need to be locked. Some times I need to be hit in the head with a 2 by 4 and hindsight is often 20/20.

I do like this board.

mcdowedd":e54ae0qv said:
dj":e54ae0qv said:
While I watch 1 other forum board because of the "action".
There are 2 others where the posts would drive you guys to boredom.

Mind saying what the other boards are? I'd like to check them out.

check your inbox

backhoeboogie":9z1u2ll0 said:
Reading some of these posts, I have to wonder if we are not shooting ourselves in the foot.

In order to get a well rounded view, you need a wide range or views and opinions. To me personally, this board have a very well rounded group. Some of us take some things a bit too serious.

When the truth hurts it just plain hurts. You have to get over it. Most of us crawled before we walked.

I can flatly tell you that I disagee with some views some of you have, but I'd be honored to buy most a cup of coffee and visit with them in person.

Some of the bickering is a bit telling. Sometimes things need to be said. Some times threads need to be locked. Some times I need to be hit in the head with a 2 by 4 and hindsight is often 20/20.

I do like this board.

Spoken like someone who just got off medication.
Welcome to the club.
If you make to much since you worry.
Backhoeboogie, you dont worry me.

MD

Frankie":vrqtc3da said:
Caustic Burno":vrqtc3da said:

In my opinion, you, Caustic, are a good part of the reason people have left. You make fun of beginners instead of trying to help.

I have to disagree here, when I first posted on here Caustic gave me some serious crap and we got into it pretty heavy, every thread was locked. Even when we were in a heated argument he would still answer questions seriously that I had on other threads. He even PM'd me with valuable information at the same time we had two thread locked on the board.

You sure have not followed Caustic very well. If member XXX post a thread about which Cows make the best pets, then Caustic usually gives them the reaming they need, but at the same time if the same member XXX is asking on a different thread what is the best type of grass to plant for winter grazing, then Caustic would answer that question in a serious manner.

Frankie I know Caustic has tried to help you, it is just that you have not listened! ;-)

One thing I have learned on here is if Caustic speaks (or many others for that matter) you might be best served to listen and ponder it a little.

Like others have said, don't have much time for being ridiculed by someone I don't know, so posts on any subject are limited. Learned this very early.

If I had to guess, I'd say most "Real Ranchers" couldn't care less about this forum or your opinion. They probably have better things to do. In some, but not all cases, we are left with those that post under the pretense that "they" are "Real Ranchers" and only through them are we to gain knowledge. To quote the great philosopher Wikipedia "Knowledge is gained either by experience, learning and perception or through association and reasoning". If I can't learn about it here, the experience part gets used, which happens quit often.

CW

Lets see, Ive got real cattle, real horses,real fences to mend, real hay to put up, real taxes to pay on my property. A lot of the same things to deal with as a large operation. Do I consider myself a "rancher" ? Not hardly. But when used in a negative and condesending manner as used by C B, it is insulting none the less. Just because someone does'nt have a thousand + acres, or six hundred+ head of cattle it does'nt mean they are totaly ignorant. I my self are not,but still appreciate the knowledge and advice others no matter how many or how few posts they have made.

kjones":179vyxmp said:
Lets see, Ive got real cattle, real horses,real fences to mend, real hay to put up, real taxes to pay on my property. A lot of the same things to deal with as a large operation. Do I consider myself a "rancher" ? Not hardly. But when used in a negative and condesending manner as used by C B, it is insulting none the less. Just because someone does'nt have a thousand + acres, or six hundred+ head of cattle it does'nt mean they are totaly ignorant. I my self are not,but still appreciate the knowledge and advice others no matter how many or how few posts they have made.

I do not think the original post by Caustic put a herd number on being a real rancher. Just that some of them are gone from this site and it is a shame to loose them. I know that a few of the most knowledgeable ranchers on her have smaller herds and I think Caustic would agree with that also. Number has no reference to what I think he is talking about.

Caustic,
I have learned alot from your posts.
I may not agree with all you say.
I just ignore what the others are complaining about.

;-) Just keep posting.

I'm not going to say newbies shouldn't have their cattle or ask questions, but I am gunna say that if you dont' know what your talking about shut your mouth which is a large problem in some discussions from many individuals (so as I don't pinpoint anybody). Last I checked there are only a few select parties on this board who are not part of the cattle industry, be it in the USA, Australia, or Canada. The problem that Caustic has along with that of many other respected, experieced, and knowledgable folks on this board is like I said, the folks who come on one day saying, "Hi, I'm brand new to cattle and would like to know...." Then a week later give advice to somebody else in an area in which they have NO personal experience and only think they know because they read it somewhere. Most valuable information between respected members such as Texan, Cert, Az, CB, Campground, Vicki, dun, and others is passed through Private Messages because of the nonsense.

This post has been long enough, I left the boards for quite a time because of the BS that was going on and was asked by a few members to keep checking in and contributing but I find that is hard to contribute when "beginner know-it-alls" have taken the place of the people who really know the business from experience and not forums and books.

Jake

I must say that CB got me literly fighting mad a while back. I invited him to be a human pin ya-ta at my Brazillian Jiu Jitsu school. I was ready to work him over and send him home. after the dust settles, he has a wealth of knowledge, you just have to learn to take some with a grain of salt. He keeps this forum interesting. I don't think he means to degrade anyone, don't take it personally. We can all get along.

Latest posts