Settle this

Help Support CattleToday:

Santas and Duhram Reds

Reaction score
My dad and I disagree on this so I am posting it here to see what you think.

On corral panels that are chained together there is a slot and a hole on most of them. Which is the proper way to attach these panels. The chain goes through the hole and then in the slot or the chain goes in the slot and then through the hole.

Santas and Duhram Reds":21yod1mv said:

On corral panels that are chained together there is a slot and a hole on most of them. Which is the proper way to attach these panels. The chain goes through the hole and then in the slot or the chain goes in the slot and then through the hole.
they are designed to go thru the hole then the slot and the excess chain is to be hanging on the side of the panel away from the cows

Angus Cowman":21aot515 said:
Santas and Duhram Reds":21aot515 said:

they are designed to go thru the hole then the slot and the excess chain is to be hanging on the side of the panel away from the cows
But if the chain is just a bit short and won;t reach that way (I have several) I put it in the slot then the hole

the intent is through the hole and then into the slot.

Not sure which way is right, but if you go over the slot and then back through the hole, it will not come undone as easy when calves get to licking on and playing with the chain ends.

dun":2p9pnkdu said:
Angus Cowman":2p9pnkdu said:
Santas and Duhram Reds":2p9pnkdu said:

But if the chain is just a bit short and won;t reach that way (I have several) I put it in the slot then the hole[/quote]

Dun, that works that way for me. Are we talking about corral panels?

kickinbull":329c9fce said:
dun":329c9fce said:
But if the chain is just a bit short and won;t reach that way (I have several) I put it in the slot then the hole[/quote

Dun, that works that way for me. Are we talking about corral panels?
Yup, and the sweep panels too. Do the same thing with a couple of posts that hook to large posts.

i use the slot first and the excess cahin goes thru the hole away from the stock if possible, this keeps the chain from being tossed off the slot..also a snap at the dangling end of the chain will keep the chain from backing out of the hole..

Latest posts