Semen tanks

Help Support CattleToday:

Ebenezer

Reaction score
Any thought or experiences on sizes, brands, ... Thinking about getting a new one as the current one has some years on it. I do not know if anything has changed in options. Thanks.

We've had our XC 20 for close to 10 years and it still looks like new. By far, I think it's the most bang for your buck. We got ours on sementanks.com for about $500. I think that's still pretty close to what they are now.

I'm partial to MVE's. I have two now and sold a couple before I moved and the two I have now spent eighteen years bouncing around in the back of a pickup and they still hold like new tanks.
Holding time wise, get the smallest neck that will fit your needs. Small neck holds longer. Take it to a truck accessory store that does spray in bed liner and have them spray up to a few inches from the top. If that's not available wrap the bottom half in carpet.

cow pollinater":1o1lc7l5 said:
I'm partial to MVE's. I have two now and sold a couple before I moved and the two I have now spent eighteen years bouncing around in the back of a pickup and they still hold like new tanks.
Holding time wise, get the smallest neck that will fit your needs. Small neck holds longer. Take it to a truck accessory store that does spray in bed liner and have them spray up to a few inches from the top. If that's not available wrap the bottom half in carpet.

What are the advantages of spraying the tank? Durability, longer holding time??
Thanks!

It increases the hold time. You won't notice it as much when the tank is new but it will keep it holding like new for much longer.

cow pollinater":4z65ci4g said:
It increases the hold time. You won't notice it as much when the tank is new but it will keep it holding like new for much longer.
Wonder if a hot water heater wrap would do the same thing?

I have a C T 10 tank with a jacket that came with it... even in the heat of AZ I get a solid 60 days before I have to refill... they claim 75 days but when it gets down to about 6" I have my SS rep refill it,,, why chance it?? only complaint I have is sometimes hard to get canisters out at first,,, experience pays off in the end

hopalong":1cypisxw said:
I have a C T 10 tank with a jacket that came with it... even in the heat of AZ I get a solid 60 days before I have to refill... they claim 75 days but when it gets down to about 6" I have my SS rep refill it,,, why chance it?? only complaint I have is sometimes hard to get canisters out at first,,, experience pays off in the end
I just recognized the jackets on tanks in an ad last night. Thanks. I guess I had never thought to look closely at the ad before as it comes in Cattle Today every several weeks. Maybe I am not just ALMOST asleep when I am reading! :oops: