Semen Tank

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
I was at an antique store over memorial weekend in Ozark, MO they had a semen tank up by the register it was a Orion ET-17 with 6 canisters in it. I was told it didn't leak. They were asking $175 for it. I asked what was the least they would take so, they called the owner and he/she said they would take a $100.00 for it. I didn't buy it, although it looked to be in good shape. Should I have bought it? I was thinking it'd be pretty funny if it was dun's or someone's one elses on here. B&G :compute:

I believe the working time on a full load with that tank is less than 90 days. You will have to get it filled a lot....plenty of chances to lose a lot of money in semen.

3waycross":1rrrd557 said:
I believe the working time on a full load with that tank is less than 90 days. You will have to get it filled a lot....plenty of chances to lose a lot of money in semen.
And before I trusted any semen to it I would fill it and let it sit for a month or so to see how it actually holds up. If there would be a problem from it having been frozen so long then let sit empty before freezing it agin I would think a month or so should be long enough for any issues to surface.

Thanks for the Info. I didn't buy it. I figured I'd see if its still there when we go back. I might be better off to just buy a new one.

Latest posts