Selling Produce

Help Support CattleToday:

Bullbuyer

Reaction score
Is anyone selling any produce?
I sold corn, cabbage and cucumbers last weekend. Don't think I'll retire from it but it did cover the seed and gas cost. Corn was $4 / dozen. I believe that's the highest I've ever sold.

Bullbuyer":3fye0kkd said:
Is anyone selling any produce?
I sold corn, cabbage and cucumbers last weekend. Don't think I'll retire from it but it did cover the seed and gas cost. Corn was $4 / dozen. I believe that's the highest I've ever sold.

Been selling watermelons for about 3 weeks. I just fill my trailer and park it out next to the road in front of my office.

Sold about 300 so far. At least I got my seed and fertilizer money back.

IMG_0267.jpg

Oh Yeah :D Those are good looking melons. They would sell real good up here.

When our kids were in school they sold a pick-up load a day of sweet corn. Helped with college money.

Sold off a busy Hy way sometimes a dozen cars at a time. :shock:
All said the best corn anywhere. 8)

The comment I'm hearing more and more is "My dad used to raise that' or "I remember picking those when I was a kid".
And I honestly don't think that anybody around here is canning anything.

I started selling wm on the 1st. I bought some from a guy I know. My aren't ready yet. Also selling tomatoes, cukes, gr peppers, onions, and pork.

iowahawkeyes":jz9ye8vx said:
I started selling wm on the 1st. I bought some from a guy I know. My aren't ready yet. Also selling tomatoes, cukes, gr peppers, onions, and pork.

Pork? What time of year do you plant pork? :lol:

Hope your melons do as well as mine have. Sold over 400 so far and could have sold more but the other "late" patch I planted ain't ready yet.

They seem to like the Crimson Sweets the best.

Good luck!

HA! It's great pork too. Just had some brat patties on the grill with new red taters and onions and garlic. YUMMY. Tomorrow we pick up our beef that I'll sell too.

We still haven't got any rain. Hubby and I water 1 or 2 rows every night. Tonight is the best chance (70%) we have had all summer. Our corn crop is suffering badly and we are losing yield big time. We are right in the heart of corn country too.

I'm selling CS's.

We finally got rain!!1.3" of gentle perfect rain. Finally it was widespread showers, not hit and miss. It will help the soybeans immensely, may help the corn test weight and of course the punkins will soak it right up.

Thank you Lord!

My husband normally plants corn right before and after he plants the field corn. We normally sit out at his grandma's on a main highway and the kids sell it. They usually get to pick one thing that they really want and then work toward that goal. Last year my son (7 yrs. old now) wanted a new bike and he hit his money needs the 2nd day!! Even though he didn't know this til the end of the selling season!! My daughter (4 yrs. now) worked enough for a care bear!! Which she collects. Now this year they really haven't decided as to what they want to buy except she is wanting a new purple blanket for her pony and a saddle too! But I told her she will have to wait on the saddle til she starts showing.
But up here we are selling at 3.00 a baker's doz. and have alot of return customers to get some for canning. The prices around here are anywhere from 2-5.00 a doz.
;-)

We finally got enough stuff together at one time to sell. Corn went real fast at $4/dozen and beans for $1/lb. That bean price is a little cheap but they really weren't very good quality.

Have some people north of us who's kids needed some money and got an idea to raise cantalope.
Word got out on that first crop and they would fill the bed of the truck with the melons and there would be none at the end of the Farmers Market. People were willing to pay for them.
Such a good business they have kept it up for the few years. The parents are now having to take over, kids are off to school.
Nice ripe melons. People won't buy the stuff in the store if they are in town.