Produce Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

Bullbuyer

Reaction score
I saw the photos of the peaches and it got me to thinking about how these are selling. I can't remember the bushel price last year but the ones up here don't begin to compare with those pictures. Someone told me that they had seen some tomatoes priced at $4.89/ pound in a local market, I guess the salmonella scare drove that!
Anyone with a bushel price on peaches, I'd appreciate it.

I wholesale tmatoes and have been surprised how little they are up from 2 weeks ago. Only about 10 percent, at wholesale!

3waycross":21t3wero said:
I wholesale tmatoes and have been surprised how little they are up from 2 weeks ago. Only about 10 percent, at wholesale!

How does $15 a case sound picked up at the farm?

Jogeephus":2ba46voe said:
3waycross":2ba46voe said:

How does $15 a case sound picked up at the farm?

I am selling 5x5 2 layer tomatoes graded and washed delivered to the customers door for 28.55.

I was wondering about wholesale by the semi load. Last year they were $8 last week an offer of $15 for a whole field was made. This would be washed, boxed and loaded on their truck.

Jogeephus":8oarxy0z said:
I was wondering about wholesale by the semi load. Last year they were $8 last week an offer of $15 for a whole field was made. This would be washed, boxed and loaded on their truck.

I don't have a lot to do with the buying , just the selling, but by the time all the pads are put into that price I'm guessing you would be right in the ballpark. Are they 20 or 25lb cases. For a 20pounder that seems like a darn good price. If they're bulk packed and not sorted they're probably 25's and considering the labor to get them repacked it's still a good price.

Latest posts