SELLing BEEF

Help Support CattleToday:

RICHARDL

Reaction score
OK, when it comes to selling beef i'm clueless. What i'm speaking of is a butchered calf Or 1/2 calf. What do i sell a 1/2 calf thats been butchered. I have about 3 that are ready to go 1 will be mine and the other 2 I have people asking me Just not sure what to tell them. Butchering fees whan i called were a $45 kill fee and 1.60 per lb not wrapped & 2.20 wrapped or very close to that , can't quite recall at the moment.
:cowboy:

$2.20 a lb???...$.42 here to have vacuum wrapped and froze, $35 to slaughter. We usually get around 2 to 2.25lb on the hook plus hauling.

I MAYBE wrong on those number i wrote it down at home. so $2 - $2.25 is a pretty good fig. ??? thanks thats what i needed to know. It will be going to family & friends so i'll have to be on the down side. don't want to lose money but i don't have to make that much either

Ha Ha well i didn't get into it to make a fortune cause i know better. But if i can have healty beef for my freezer and family and friends and keep the grass down in the process i'm fine with that

I get $2.10 per pound hanging weight and the customer pays for processing. Depending on how they want it cut (Bonless or Bone-in) the processing will be in the neighborhood of $.38-$.50 per pound, plus kill fee of $35.00 The higher amount would include vacumn sealing. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Latest posts