Seeking Cattle A.I. Courses Ark-la-tex area?

Help Support CattleToday:

City2CountryGrl

Reaction score
Searching for cattle A.I courses, I'm living in Louisiana but unable to find any around my area. So searching for around statesArk-La-Tex area and ones that are worth it! Any help would be great! :wave:

TCRanch":p9zxlt7r said:
Welcome to CT! The only school with a stellar reputation I'm familiar with is the Graham School in Garnett, KS. Their classes are generally full way in advance but it might not hurt to contact them & ask for recommendations closer to your area.
http://grahamschoolforcattlemen.com/
They definitely stay booked way out. But they will call people early if a spot opens up. I went with several people who only had to wait a couple weeks

Stephen F Austin University beef farm did a 3 day class late last year. Might check with them.

I took the course years ago from Louisiana Animal Breeders Coop (LABC) Don't know if it even exists anymore.

5S Cattle":36dercy8 said:
Bovine elite, in college station tx

I second the Bovine Elite course. The guy who helps me with AI/ET work said he learned there and recommended it highly. I'm head over there myself hopefully later this year if I don't go to the beef short course at A&M or at the latest maybe next spring.

A.I. Training School - Auburn University
College of Veterinary Medicine

Food Animal Research Barn
900 Sims Road, Auburn, AL

April 17-18, 2019

Only one I know of at the moment. edited to add following additional information.

Premier Select Sires will be conducting an artificial insemination school At Auburn University - College of Veterinary Medicine on April 17-18, 2019. The class will begin at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday and will finish at 4:00 p.m. on Thursday. A detailed itinerary will be sent at a later time.

The cost of the course is $500.00 per person. If you plan to attend, please click on the following link: A.I. School - Auburn, register online and pay for the training course.

The deadline for sign-ups is Monday, April 8, 2019.

Please reply promptly—only a limited number of applicants will be accepted.

The training courses will consist of classroom sessions and lab sessions on live cattle.
Anatomy and Physiology, A.I. Technique, Semen Handling, Heat Detection, and Estrus Synchronization are some of the topics that will be covered in the class along with all the knowledge needed for a successful A.I. program.

If signing up for the school, please note that you will need to bring rubber boots and coveralls. Meanwhile, check out our beef lineup at selectsiresbeef.com or our dairy lineup at selectsires.com.

gizmom

Got done with the Bovine Elite course in college station today. It was a good course, I feel like I got a lot out of it. They cover the how to stuff on AI and palpation but they also cover some of the other influences like nutrition and stress. It has my recommendation for what it's worth

Latest posts