Seeing Eye Horse

Help Support CattleToday:

I reckon It's ok . A lot of places a horse would not fit very well . My daughter has had blind people in class with her, if they all had a horse it might get a little crowded .

Larry

That woman is widely held to be a nut. She was on the news about a year before that because she was pitching a fit because she was being evicted. Her horse was LIVING IN HER APARTMENT WITH HER. I can't imagine the stink.

Honestly, there are other ways this lady could do her shopping. There are many resources for the visually impaired in her area and it looks to me like she has chosen none of them. If she can see well enough to grocery shop from horseback, she can see well enough to shop with human assistance. I don't think it is sanitary. I would not buy food in a store where there was a horse roaming around.

Remember, the Americans With Disabilities Act says that businesses have to make reasonable accomodations. This is not reasonable. That store would be perfectly within their rights to refuse her and the horse she rode in on, access to that store.

I advocated for people with disabilities for years and I think it is bunk.

Thanks Lammie. I thought there was more to it. Seemed a bit extreme to me too but I'm not very comfortable around horses. Wouldn't it also be a little dangerous for the horse to be walking on those waxed floors of a supermarket?

I've seen people with mini horses as seeing eye animals-but riding a horse? How does she steer or does the horse just know where to go like a dog? I hope its house trained. I think its kinda too much to have a horse that big in a public place.

Jogeephus":pup96hbs said:
Thanks Lammie. I thought there was more to it. Seemed a bit extreme to me too but I'm not very comfortable around horses. Wouldn't it also be a little dangerous for the horse to be walking on those waxed floors of a supermarket?

You bet there is. I can't believe that she's getting away with that. Talk about a health hazzard. And the smell. I can't imagine that she notices the smell anymore since she had the thing living with her, but there has to be a smell.

This whole animal thing has gone too far in this country. I think she's been offered a seeing eye dog, which is a lot more acceptable, but I don't think she wanted one. She likes her horse better. If she rode the horse to the store and parked it outside, that would be acceptable. But riding one in the store? Well, I wouldn't shop there anymore.

yeah i got horses...but its kind of stupid... even if i was blind i could be in and out of a store before she turned around

She's just doing it to get her fifteen minutes of fame.

there a little girl here in bama, been so long since i seen her she might be a lady by now, thats s blind ...that ran the barrels at the expo prca rodeo every year the announcer would tell the crowd to hold their applause till she ran the pattern because her dad was giving her directions through a head set ....''now that was worth watchin' she never missed a beat

alacattleman":2zgj8ilt said:
there a little girl here in bama, been so long since i seen her she might be a lady by now, thats s blind ...that ran the barrels at the expo prca rodeo every year the announcer would tell the crowd to hold their applause till she ran the pattern because her dad was giving her directions through a head set ....''now that was worth watchin' she never missed a beat

Stuff like that is great to watch. Blind kids can hunt Easter Eggs using special eggs that emit sound.

There is nothing wrong with accomodating a person's disability. I have advocated for it for years. I just think that there are limits to everything and that not everyone gets the sorts of accomodations they want. I mean, think of it. If that lady goes to the hospital, will the horse be allowed in there, too? What about doctor visits? Horse in the waiting room? Horse in the exam room? What about church? I guess if it was a Cowboy Church... But I don't see those folks sitting around the sanctuary with their horses. School? Want to have a horse in your community ed class? Library? It goes on for miles.

Latest posts