seed order

Help Support CattleToday:

torogmc81

Reaction score
We made two vegetable seed orders last year. First was with Gurney's, probably wont order from them again. Customer Service was horrible. The second was Jung, no opinion either way, they did ship quickly. We've always ordered fruit trees and berries from Stark Bros., they are excellent to work with. Also, Van's Pine Nursery for our large evergreen orders.

Any suggestions or input on other seed companies?

I have catalogs for Henry Fields, Jung, Gurneys, Johnny's, and a few others I need to find

Thanks
Justin

Rupp Seed Co. is real good, especially for larger quantities. They're in Ohio. Parks is good too. They're in South Carolina. I've had good service from both. I've ordered from every one listed so far on this page (seeds that is, not live plants) and no problems with any of them. I have ordered live plants in the past from various and sundry vendors but have little enthusiasm for doing it again.

Over the years I've ordered from Johnny's, Burpee, Baker Creek, Tomatofest (online co. only), John Scheepers, Burgess and Cook's Garden (owned by Burpee). I've not had any issues with any of them. Any mistakes or problems that arose, these outfits dealt with them promptly and satisfactorily.

I have also used seeds (bought off the racks) from Park's and Hart's. I was happy with the seeds.

Only problem I've ever had was one packet of Zuccini, all the plants had male flowers only, so that year I had no zuccini.

Johnnys and Territorial are my go to's for seed. I've never had an issue with either of them and they are true seed producers whereas most of the seed providers are all buying from the same source and repackaging. Johnnys has a bit better germination but Territorial caters to home gardeners and their offerings are pretty trouble free and always taste good.

I have used Rupp Seeds, Holmes Seed, Seedway, and Rispen Seeds (IL based) for my large quantity purchases. Pinetree was ok for buying just a few seeds to try. Did have a seed mix up with them though. Also Rareseeds.com for unusual heirloom/non gmo seeds in small packets, they have tons of variety and I have really good luck with their seeds.

Latest posts