SEC versus Ivy League

Help Support CattleToday:

JWBrahman

Reaction score
So far the SEC alumni have outsmarted the smartest rich kids from establishment palaces of higher ed. CB and I were saying the numbers would be low. If you factor in all of the white folks who died of natural causes the US totals are much lower. In another post I said the worst case scenario for world wide fatalities was 200,000.

Current death totals from Coronavirus:

How the coronavirus panicdemic is looting the wallets of cattle producers:

http://www.agcenter.com/newcattlereport.aspx

From your figures there are 395931 that have the virus and have not died or survived. I may not have understood you question. Please explain again.

Average annual numbers are misleading. Here's a nice graphic that shows the daily death toll of COVID19 in the US compared to the daily averages of some other leading causes of death:
https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/1812248/?fbclid=IwAR2fCGEfh3Ua-7_WX_ze1ufcj6B8JcZUNF_B1Xe7Yv50aLuEPmpuvenw5E4

The lowering death toll projections are evidence that the preventative steps we're taking are working, not that they were unnecessary. We can save tens of thousands of lives if we can keep this up.

We won't know until all this has passed what the true data will show, but reason only dictates that the preventative steps are working and saving lives, regardless of death from other causes. The more lives we save, and less people infected the better.

My hypothesis was wrong. Far more are dying and permanently affected than my logarithm was predicting. As always more information leads to better understanding. We now know far more people were sick in China.

I'm sure I ill be wrong again, and when it happens I'm proud to admit it.

JWBrahman said:
My hypothesis was wrong. Far more are dying and permanently affected than my logarithm was predicting. As always more information leads to better understanding. We now know far more people were sick in China.

I think your only mistake was betting on the SEC in anything other than football. ;-)

JWBrahman said:

Well, you are still way closer than those on the other end of the spectrum that said we will have 2.2 million deaths.

ChrisB said:
JWBrahman said:

Well, you are still way closer than those on the other end of the spectrum that said we will have 2.2 million deaths.

It ain't over till it's over.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
JWBrahman said:

Yup, which is why I get a flu shot each fall from my primary care physician. Remind me again where I go to get the Corona virus shot?

The same place that I get mine. Eating the right food in moderate amounts, exercising daily, and getting a good night's rest at home in bed. You can't buy health and neither can I. But if you treat that body the good lord gave you with respect you'll be just fine with or without big Pharma.

hurleyjd said:
From your figures there are 395931 that have the virus and have not died or survived. I may not have understood you question. Please explain again.

It was not a question but rather the hypothesis that Covid 19 was basically going to replicate a bad flu season. However, as the saying goes: Garbage In Garbage Out.

China was not forthcoming about what was happening to its citizens. If we knew approximately how many people died in China then our models would be accurate. Until that happens be safe and err on the side of caution.