Searching for a grazing lease.

Help Support CattleToday:

lahunter

Reaction score
I'm looking for a grazing lease anywhere in Texas. I plan on running bred heifers or calves- just need a place to keep them. I've spend a lot of time looking for a lease without any luck. It's just real hard to find one. I am willing to pay top price. If anyone can help please let me know.

PapaFat":2wi59f8h said:
I have 125 ac 30 miles south of Abilene, good grass, fences and stock tank, could give you a three month lease but would need you off by November

email me at [email protected]

Three month lease? :shock:

Most likely wants him off by deer season. I've hunted many places where cattle were run yr round. Some times the owner would move the cows to a different pasture, other times he would just tell us to be careful, cause if we shoot one of his cows, it gets kinda expensive!

eric":37uisk4d said:
Most likely wants him off by deer season. I've hunted many places where cattle were run yr round. Some times the owner would move the cows to a different pasture, other times he would just tell us to be careful, cause if we shoot one of his cows, it gets kinda expensive!

Ya I can see that, but almost isn't worth the trouble unless your cattle are starving. Especially if there is any work involved on fence or catch pens, or pasture. I think most people like a min. of a year and would rather even have a 3 to 5 year lease.

1848":34rrox41 said:
eric":34rrox41 said:

Ya I can see that, but almost isn't worth the trouble unless your cattle are starving. Especially if there is any work involved on fence or catch pens, or pasture. I think most people like a min. of a year and would rather even have a 3 to 5 year lease.

Wouldn't even consider less than a 3 year lease.

I have 1800 acres I am looking for someone to run cattle on my place. I am wanting them to provide the cattle and I am going to provide the work. If you are interested let me know. Our website is reedfamilyranch.com

The biggest taken down with a rifle is 299 lbs, but there has been bigger seen, but that one got away.
James

Latest posts