Seafood ???

Help Support CattleToday:

I will start by saying we are a heavy user of garlic & olive oil.
My seafood pasta is not a "measured" recipe, but I'll try to tell you the ingredients.
I start with about 1/2-3/4 cup virgin olive oil, tbls crushed garlic, tsp sweet basil - saute garlic & basil, then add a jar of alfredo sauce - salt & pepper to taste - and maybe add some more garlic. It won't "blend" until it gets good & hot. ( I used to put a stick of butter in also, but I just use more olive oil now - trying to "be good!")
I tail the shrimp but you don't have to, sometimes add scallops or crabmeat into the sauce.
I like to have snow peas or sugar snap peas mixed in & poured over your choice of pasta (usually medium shells). It is also very "pretty" with the pink shrimp, bright green pea pods & pasta.
It's quick & easy & guests always love it.
darn - I'm hungry now!
All my meals are quick & easy - or they don't get cooked in this household.

Local oyster growers are already feeling the increase in sales. Louisiana producers are trying to find oysters to fill their orders. I do love seafood but only fresh seafood. Good thing I only live 40 miles from the Pacific.

MistyMorning":3g4hjrli said:
So you won't be hanging out on the recipe board waiting for angrie to post that culinary delight called, "Tuna Noodle Hot Dish" (or casserole depending upon were you are located) ? My personal favorite idea of hers is the addition of crushed potato chips on top, now that right there must double the prep time. :D
Its there MM! In time for you to make it for your family tonight!
:tiphat:

Thanks 3way for posting that.
The shopping spree will have to wait here ,we are having a full blown blizzard. There is a no tow law in place and the RCMP want everyone off the hi ways until things clear up. My yard is either shear ice or a big muck hole...
We need the moisture, so there is a trade off for everything.
Hubby is working on the BC border 6 hours away I hope he makes it home safely tonight.

A buddy of mine sells meat out of a truck. This year is his first year selling fresh shrimp straight from Louisianan. He talked to his supplier this morning and I guess it won't be a big deal for them, because there getting it from the Texas side of it all.
He did have to order a couple of extra cases of crab legs, because he was told that they had a bad season, and won't be selling anymore this summer.

They haven't shut down the fishing here...yet. I will be snatching a grouper or two as soon as I can though :nod:

Dave":zrj5bj9g said:
Local oyster growers are already feeling the increase in sales. Louisiana producers are trying to find oysters to fill their orders. I do love seafood but only fresh seafood. Good thing I only live 40 miles from the Pacific.

Yeah me too.....saw a guy peddling "Fresh Shrimp" on the outskirts of Lubbock, Texas the other day. Gave a whole new meaning to "fresh". :!:

This is nothing compared to what used to be dumped by cities and companies for years and knew nothing about. I used to hold a sporstman shrimping and oyster liscense. Come to find out the Trinty River was one of the most polluted streams for years dumping into the Galveston Bay system all the while the shrimp trawlers and oyster dredges were producing. Heck half the reefs were shut down for years due to heavy metals in shellfish the largest polluter was the City of Dallas. Lead and mercury levels through the roof. This was 40 years ago and there are still some reefs still closed today. The Galveston bay system is one of the largest producers of seafood in the U.S.

"Galveston Bay is the second most productive estuary in the nation, producing more seafood than any other bay—trailing only Chesapeake Bay.
The Bay receives the fourth highest level of toxic chemicals in the state from bayside industrial discharge, in addition to pollutants washing in from the Houston Ship Channel.[37] Although contaminants from the major industrial complexes along the Bay contribute substantially to bay pollution, most is the result of storm run-off from various commercial, agricultural, and residential sources.[38] In recent decades, conservation efforts have been enacted which have substantially improved water quality in the Bay.[39] Though concerns have been raised about the safety of seafood obtained from the Bay the Texas Department of Health have stated that fish from the Bay is "safe for unlimited consumption."[

Caustic...everybody up this way knows DFW has dumped sewer in the Trinity for ages. The thing still has foam it like a rootbeer float in many places. Can't imagine eating a fish from it.

3waycross":2lak8nmh said:
cfpinz":2lak8nmh said:
I hate seafood, it all tastes like fish.

That ain't the worst taste my friend. It could taste like mutton, now that's a disgusting flavor if I ever saw one.

Ever had chittlins?

Dad bought some home one time for us to try. They got cold before we could try them so we stuck them in the microwave. Microwave smelled like pig $hit for 2 weeks!

cfpinz":1pq0hly5 said:
3waycross":1pq0hly5 said:
cfpinz":1pq0hly5 said:

That ain't the worst taste my friend. It could taste like mutton, now that's a disgusting flavor if I ever saw one.

Ever had chittlins?

Dad bought some home one time for us to try. They got cold before we could try them so we stuck them in the microwave. Microwave smelled like pig $hit for 2 weeks!
Years ago we bought a barrow at the local salebarn. When it came time to butcher it turned out he had retained both buts inside so rather then a barrow we had a stinky boar. We cooked some pork chops and the house stunk for a week. At the time I had a Filipino kid working for me. Every week his wife would bring me something to eat that was unbelievably good. Out of the goodness of my heart I gave him the pig, no charge, just to be a nice guy. His wife cooked some up and he came into work and told me she was really POed because the meat was so nasty. She never spoke to me again and quit bringing me goodies. I saw her in the grocery store one day and she turned around and walked away.

dun":2zcnjomm said:
Years ago we bought a barrow at the local salebarn. When it came time to butcher it turned out he had retained both buts inside so rather then a barrow we had a stinky boar. We cooked some pork chops and the house stunk for a week. At the time I had a Filipino kid working for me. Every week his wife would bring me something to eat that was unbelievably good. Out of the goodness of my heart I gave him the pig, no charge, just to be a nice guy. His wife cooked some up and he came into work and told me she was really POed because the meat was so nasty. She never spoke to me again and quit bringing me goodies. I saw her in the grocery store one day and she turned around and walked away.

It would have been a great gift for a neighbor that won't let you spread chicken litter.

cfpinz":3owupw1i said:

Just a note to all ya seafood lovers out there....If it tastes like fish or smells like fish....toss it....it is going bad....from someone who spent...wow i just calculated how many years i spent in commercial kitchens...21 years....i thought it was 10-15...I feel old now....lol

Latest posts