SD blizzard

Help Support CattleToday:

Governor Rounds says at least 8,000 power poles and ten-thousand miles of transmission line were downed.

Pluses and minuses. Sorry to hear about the power loss and the extreme cold. Good thing is all those power poles can be great fence posts!

I hope everyone is ok up there. Sure wish I could have the moisture. We are in the worst drought on record.

We only got 8" here, but with the 45+ mph winds looks like more. There is a few inches due again today. I have friends and family in Huron, SD, been without power since Sunday night. FEMA is asking for generators, they are willing to rent or buy them. Looks like winter is here to stay!

My husband and another linemen headed out this morning for Bath, SD.... I am surprised even being this close (1 state away) we haven't heard more on the damage and the necessity for help. He called me at 4 yesterday afternoon, and said to get home to get him packed up, as they were leaving at 6am today. Took me by surprise, I will say!!

WHAT'S THE DEAL!!! Where's FEMA, the National Guard, the 82nd Airborne, the Marines...??? This has to be George W's fault too! I bet it is because Goerge is allowing that "Gobal Warming" stuff, huh?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding.

Hope everyone can stay warm, it's only 112 days till Spring.

FEMA is gathering generators, the National Guard is clearing rural roads for the linemen to get down, the sheriff is checking on rural people, and George W. is helping Mrs. W decorate the white house for X-mas. More snow today, up to 7 inches.

Hang in there, folks.

Would almost trade your snow for our temperature this am. Minus 29 C windchill. Not looking forward to choring cows when the sun finally comes up!

Take care.

You people sure have it tough in Winter. We are so spoilt here in Australia. A few of us whinge when it doesn't get above 5 to 8 c of a winters day,and thats not every day it might only be one or two days in a month. We never have to put cattle or any types of livestock in sheds.
Try and keep warm.
Colin

Latest posts