scopes

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT

Reaction score
What would be a decent scope for a Ruger 223 bolt action youth model?
I would like something that will hold up to riding 365 days a year in the PU, on the four wheeler, or tied to the saddle. Its going on my PU gun so I don't want to break the bank on something that is real expensive. any ideas ???

I'd probably vote for one of the "cheaper" Leupolds. Like a VariX2, or better would be a VariX3 If it's fits your budget. I have a Trijicon that I absolutely love. Best low light scope that I've ever looked through. Paid about $800 for it. That's a lot for me. Cheap to others. I still have a Swarovski on my wish list.

Here is a pretty nice Vortex Diamondback reasonable that they except offers on.......From looking at their sales history they do except a lot of offers. If was interested make a low ball offer and see if you can meet in the middle.

Vortex Diamondback 3-9x40 Riflescope The Diamondback-loaded with features. First, the solid one-piece aircraft-grade aluminum alloy construction makes the Diamondback riflescope virtually indestructible and highly resistant to magnum recoil.

Vortex Optics 3-9x40 Diamondback Riflescope (Dead-Hold BDC Reticle)
Bikini Style Lens Caps
Lifetime Transferrable VIP Warranty

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vortex-Optics- ... ctupt=true

jltrent":31girokm said:
Here is a pretty nice Vortex Diamondback reasonable that they except offers on.......From looking at their sales history they do except a lot of offers. If was interested make a low ball offer and see if you can meet in the middle.

Vortex Diamondback 3-9x40 Riflescope The Diamondback-loaded with features. First, the solid one-piece aircraft-grade aluminum alloy construction makes the Diamondback riflescope virtually indestructible and highly resistant to magnum recoil.

Vortex Optics 3-9x40 Diamondback Riflescope (Dead-Hold BDC Reticle)
Bikini Style Lens Caps
Lifetime Transferrable VIP Warranty

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vortex-Optics- ... ctupt=true

I had them replace one no questions ask. Every rifle with a scope on it here is a Vortex.
Bryant one of my favorite hunting rifles is a Ruger American youth model in 223. It has taken everything from hogs, deer, yotes and any other varmit.

Vortex. Nothing else. Last summer I bought a pair of Vortex binoculars at Cabelas. $200 on sale. Put them on the seat of the Gator and thought I could conquer the world. Went looking for a wayward bull and lost them somewhere in 1,600 acres of pasture. I was sick. In desperation I called Vortex and told a customer rep what had happened. She wanted my cash register receipt. I emailed it to her and in less than 36 hours she called back to say they couldn't replace the bino's but would sell me the same model for 50% off. I took her offer and included in the package she sent was a Vortex t-shirt, coffee cup and a nylon gear bag.

Any $200+ dollar scope should be fine, mounts and rings are where most problems occur during hard use. Every screw needs lock tight applied to them.

Latest posts