Scope mounting question

Help Support CattleToday:

I came to the dance with Winchester and I'll probably go home with the one what brought me.

They make a laser "bullet shell casing" for different calibers. It Will get you close at 25-50 yds saves ammo getting a zero at the range.

You can do the same thing just by looking down the bore, visual bore sighting. Doesn't work on lever guns though.

Get the gun on on a good solid rest, pull the bolt, look through the bore and center on the bullseye at 50 yards, then look through the scope and move the crosshairs to the bullseye. It works a lot better than you may think.

CB > Dad had a Model 12 and Granddad a 97 and I have used both. When I left home I bought a 1200 which I still have.
It is not near the gun although it has served me well both for geese and deer. I did switch barrels for deer,,,,,,
Fell heir to a Model 42 through an elderly gentleman where I worked when I was young. One of the most fun guns I
have ever shot. I am going to give it away to a young person, just trying to figure out who.
Used a Ruger #1 375 Ouch & Ouch for elk but turned that over to a granddaughter when she got her nurses degree.
There are a couple of 35 marlins in the inventory that have earned their room and board as well.

Latest posts