Scholarships

Help Support CattleToday:

TripleB

Reaction score
I am currently working and trying to go to college at the same time. I am wondering if anyone knows of any scholarships that are out there for agriculture students perferably for students already in college not graduatiing from H.S.
Thanks for your help,

Stef

TripleB":2gmooqgf said:
I am currently working and trying to go to college at the same time. I am wondering if anyone knows of any scholarships that are out there for agriculture students perferably for students already in college not graduatiing from H.S.
Thanks for your help,

Stef

Check with the financial aid office of your college. Fafsa is not a scholarship - it is subsidized/non-subsized student loans, and they will have to be repaid, but the interest rate is not as high as a regular loan, and you do not start repaying until 6 months following graduation/not continuing your education for whatever reason. Be aware, however, that student loans require a minimum grade point average and, if you fall below the minumum, you will be put on probation, you will have to file an appeal, and it will have to be approved before you can continue receiving student loans. You don't mention your age but, since you're working, you have undoubtedly filed a tax return and you probably will not need to have the fafsa completed by your parents - you can probably do it. The financial aid office will have a list of scholarships/grants available, and those do not have to be repaid.

If you are white get a good tan and a perm. Take a picture of yourself and send that in with any scholarships you apply for. :D

Walt

Oh! Almost forgot. Choose other in the the blank provided for race/ethnicity.

You can't call foul on me I'm not white haha! :D

Did you belong to any of the following in High school: Breed Associations, FFA, 4-H ? Sometimes Local Farm Bureaus, power coops and other local ag related organizations offer scholarships. You will need to speak to your department advisors to see what departmental scholarships are available.

http://www.fafsa.gov This is a grant program not a student loan program. You don't have to pay this money back. The application is free. Another free one is The American Legion. theamericanlegion.org root around in there till you find, need a lift, this is their scholarship program. Free money and they want to give it away. They give about 1.5 million away each year. Go for it.

FAFSA is just a form you (or more likely your parents) have to fill out to be eligible for any financial aid. Be persistent in your pursuit of scholarships......your school's financial aid office should be your home away from home. Look for "special " scholarships you can apply for. If no one with the exact qualifications applies, sometimes they give it to a runner up. I know a boy that got one that was intended for a Minority woman majoring in Home Ec. My son applied for and got minority status as an "Appalachian American" Keep trying!
GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for all the help. I have tried fafsa but got turned down. I still live at home so maybe it was because of my dad's income.

Latest posts